    What ASP code can I use, for an ASP-generated spreadsheet, to force a cell
    to wrap if the content is longer than the width I have specified for that
    cell?

    middletree, Sep 16, 2005

  2. middletree

    Guest

    middletree wrote:
    > What ASP code can I use, for an ASP-generated spreadsheet, to force a cell
    > to wrap if the content is longer than the width I have specified for that
    > cell?

    Here's the style that I use for that:

    ..text {mso-number-format:General; text-align:general;white-space:
    normal;mso-spacerun: yes }

    , Sep 19, 2005

  3. middletree

    middletree Guest

    Didn't work for me.

    middletree, Sep 19, 2005
  4. middletree

    Guest

    middletree wrote:
    > Didn't work for me.
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > middletree wrote:
    > > > What ASP code can I use, for an ASP-generated spreadsheet, to force a

    > cell
    > > > to wrap if the content is longer than the width I have specified for

    > that
    > > > cell?

    > > Here's the style that I use for that:
    > >
    > > .text {mso-number-format:General; text-align:general;white-space:
    > > normal;mso-spacerun: yes }

    You put it in the TD?? I.e.

    , Sep 20, 2005
  5. middletree

    middletree Guest

    > You put it in the TD?? I.e.

    Yes, that's exactly what I did. Put the style code in the head section (no
    external CSS for this page)

    middletree, Sep 20, 2005
  6. middletree

    Guest

    middletree wrote:

    > > You put it in the TD?? I.e.

    > Yes, that's exactly what I did. Put the style code in the head section (no
    > external CSS for this page)

    We should also be clear, this is for Excel right? What version?

    This works for me with 2000 and higher.

    What I do when I'm trying to figure out what code to use for a
    particular Excel formatting is to create a 1 cell excel file, and save
    as a web page. Then inspect the code to see what style it generates
    for that cell.

    , Sep 21, 2005
  7. middletree

    middletree Guest

    I'm using Excel 2003. I'll be glad to post my ASP code if that will help.

    middletree, Sep 21, 2005