Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Classnot registered

rockdale

Hi, all:

My web application does TTS using Microsoft Speek SDK 5.1. It works
very well on 4 machines except one machine. all machine's OS is
windows2003 and iis6.0. but on this particular machine, I got the
following error:

Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154
(REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Class
not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154
(REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

Source Error:

the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace
below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80040154): Class not registered (Exception from
HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))]
SpeechLib.SpVoiceClass.Speak(String Text, SpeechVoiceSpeakFlags
Flags) +0

Search it on internet, did not find anything useful. All they say is
the actual dll (SAPI.dll in this case) does not registered, but I
search regedit, it is there.

I reinstalled SpeechSDK5.1 but still got the same error. I also
compiled the simpleTTS CSharp version (comes with SpeechSDK5.1
installation, and put it on the problematic machine, it works fine,
which means the dll is registered I assume.

I have no clue for what else I should check. Anybody please give
advices?

thanks in advance
-rockdale