    Files\gsic_license\af8d1ef2\60bfeb0b" is denied.

    Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Bill
    Bill Nguyen, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Hi Bill,

    It sounds like the account under which ASP.NET is running
    does not have the correct privleges set up.

    Check out this link to see how the account should have
    been set up...
    url=/library/en-us/secmod/html/secmod15.asp

    Lachlan

    application on my
    >Win2003/IIS6.0 server: The server is a DC and I can't

    locate the option to
    >manage Local Users and Groups anywhere to look at aspnet

    user setup

    >Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException:

    Access to the path
    >"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary

    ASP.NET

    Lachlan James, Feb 15, 2005

  3. I often get this error after our server admins "security harden" the server.
    Either make sure the ASPNET/Network service user, or the user under which
    you run has enough priveleges for this directory (or set of directories).

    In this instance, I prefer to create a local account for the express purpose
    of running your app, assign the correct privileges, and use this as the
    specific application pool identity under which the app runs.

    --

    - Paul Glavich
    ASP.NET MVP

    Paul Glavich [MVP ASP.NET], Feb 15, 2005
  4. Bill Nguyen

    Bill Nguyen Guest

    Paul;

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;831218
    The article above has something to do with the problem I was facing. I now
    am able to run ASP.NET applications residing on the same Win2003 DC after
    adding domain ASPNET, IIS_WPG to the DC's local user right assignment.
    However, I still received the same error when trying to run an ASP.NET app
    resides in a network share on a member server. Curiously enough, I was able
    to run ASP.NET app residing on the DC (via network share) as a virtual
    directory from the IIS server of this very member server!

    Again, both servers are Win 2003. one is DC, the other is just a member.
    Thanks
    Bill

    Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
    "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\test\56981759\83651d76" is denied.

    Bill Nguyen, Feb 15, 2005
  5. Ok, I did not realise you were running via network shares. This brings a
    whole new picture to the authentication scenario and after reviewing your
    latest post, my original advice is probably way off the mark. Running via
    network shares introduces a level of authentication and delegation issues
    that are sometimes very hard to overcome. Rather than try and diagnose a
    series of different environment scenarios, can you please (in detail) list
    the encironment and configuration in which you wish to run your app. Please
    include what is a member server or DC, the location you wish to run the app,
    any network shares incolved, and how you are aurhenticating users in your
    app, and if any impersonatin is being used.

    Paul Glavich [MVP ASP.NET], Feb 20, 2005