Exception during win32all installation

infidel

I just uninstalled all previous versions of Python from my machine
(2.3.4 and 2.4a1) and installed 2.4b2. Now when I try to install the
win32 extensions (builds 202 and 203), the installer displays this:

<pre>
Running the pre-installation script failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 3, in ?
File "C:\Python24\Lib\os.py", line 133
from os.path import (curdir, pardir, sep, pathsep, defpath, extsep,
altsep,
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

</pre>

The installer appears to be complaining about the parentheses in the
import statement, but the interactive interpreter has no problems with
importing the os module. Is the installer using an older version of
python internally?