Exception EOFError.

Dr. Pastor

Python 2.5b3 on Windows XP.

(exception EOFError
Raised when one of the built-in functions (input() or
raw_input()) hits an end-of-file condition (EOF) without reading any data.)

For me, raw_input (hit enter) returns an empty string!
(>>> x=raw_input()

Any confirmation?
Regards.

Dennis Lee Bieber

Python 2.5b3 on Windows XP.

(exception EOFError
Raised when one of the built-in functions (input() or
raw_input()) hits an end-of-file condition (EOF) without reading any data.)

For me, raw_input (hit enter) returns an empty string!

<Enter> is not an EOF condition, it's a character signaling EOL, and
returns everything up to that point.

C:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Lee Bieber>python
ActivePython 2.4.3 Build 12 (ActiveState Software Inc.) based on
Python 2.4.3 (#69, Apr 11 2006, 15:32:42) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.^Z
Traceback (most recent call last):

The above is windows, I believe Linux uses <ctrl-d> instead of <ctrl-z>
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Dr. Pastor

Thank you Sir.

Dr. Pastor said:
Python 2.5b3 on Windows XP.

(exception EOFError
Raised when one of the built-in functions (input() or
raw_input()) hits an end-of-file condition (EOF) without reading any data.)

For me, raw_input (hit enter) returns an empty string!
(>>> x=raw_input()

Any confirmation?
Regards.

News==----
Newsgroups

Sybren Stuvel

Dennis Lee Bieber enlightened us with:
The above is windows, I believe Linux uses <ctrl-d> instead of
<ctrl-z>

That's correct. And so do all unix systems including MacOS X.

Sybren