    I use a specific dll ActiveX

    Any idea ?

    Stan
    Stan Sainte-Rose, May 10, 2004

  2. Stan Sainte-Rose

    CT Guest

    I'm not sure, but could it be due to permissions on accessing the ActiveX
    DLL, or the permissions needed by the ActiveX DLL? What kind of DLL is it?

    --
    Carsten Thomsen
    Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF

    CT, May 11, 2004

  3. Hi,

    It's a customized dll made by a company.
    Stan

    news: ...

    Stan Sainte-Rose, May 11, 2004
  4. Stan Sainte-Rose

    CT Guest

    Has it been registered on Windows 2003?

    --
    > Hi,
    >
    > It's a customized dll made by a company.
    > Stan

    de

    CT, May 11, 2004
  5. Yes, I used Regsvr32
    There's something strange, because it works on another computer where I
    update windows 2000 to windows 2003.
    I have to say also, by using this dll, it adds 2 others dll, vbrun and vba.
    I check the versions on the both computers and they're the same...
    I really need help... :-(

    Stan

    news: ...

    Stan Sainte-Rose, May 11, 2004
  6. Stan Sainte-Rose

    CT Guest

    Ah, so it's an ActiveX component created in VB. Do you know if it's VB6? The
    version number is reflected in the file name of one of the mentioned files.
    What I'm getting at here, is that you might want to try and registher the VB
    run-time DLL's on the machine.
    --
    > Yes, I used Regsvr32
    > There's something strange, because it works on another computer where I
    > update windows 2000 to windows 2003.
    > I have to say also, by using this dll, it adds 2 others dll, vbrun and

    vba.
    > I check the versions on the both computers and they're the same...
    > I really need help... :-(
    >
    > Stan
    >

    > "CT" <> a écrit dans le message

    de
    > news: ...
    > > Has it been registered on Windows 2003?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Carsten Thomsen
    > > Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
    > > http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
    > > "Stan Sainte-Rose" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > It's a customized dll made by a company.
    > > > Stan

    message

    CT, May 11, 2004
  7. Yes, I suppose it's vb6.
    How can I register the vb run-time dll's on the machine ?
    Which files ?
    Thanks for your help
    Stan

    news: ...

    Stan Sainte-Rose, May 11, 2004
  8. Stan Sainte-Rose

    CT Guest

    Well, if it's VB6 it's worth trying this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f9-b5c5-48f4-8edd-cdf2d29a79d5&displaylang=en

    --
    > Yes, I suppose it's vb6.
    > How can I register the vb run-time dll's on the machine ?
    > Which files ?
    > Thanks for your help
    > Stan
    >

    > "CT" <> a écrit dans le message

    de
    > news: ...
    > > Ah, so it's an ActiveX component created in VB. Do you know if it's VB6?

    > The
    > > version number is reflected in the file name of one of the mentioned

    > files.
    > > What I'm getting at here, is that you might want to try and registher

    the
    > VB
    > > run-time DLL's on the machine.
    > > --
    > > Carsten Thomsen
    > > Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
    > > http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
    > > "Stan Sainte-Rose" <> wrote in message
    > > > Yes, I used Regsvr32
    > > > There's something strange, because it works on another computer where

    > > > update windows 2000 to windows 2003.
    > > > I have to say also, by using this dll, it adds 2 others dll, vbrun and

    > > vba.
    > > > I check the versions on the both computers and they're the same...
    > > > I really need help... :-(
    > > >
    > > > Stan

    message

    CT, May 11, 2004
  9. Carsten

    I thank you for the url..
    I still have the same problem..

    But, I think it's a Security issue or something like this..
    Because, I try to run the access application (the dll is also used by this
    application), and I got an 50002 error.

    I ve tried to compare the 2 computers but I didn't find where the problem
    comes from...

    Any idea ?

    Stan

    news: #...

    Stan Sainte-Rose, May 11, 2004
  10. Stan Sainte-Rose

    CT Guest

    Okay, wasn't sure if the URL would heklp you, but wirth a shot. Now, you say
    that MS Access is using the DLL as well? If so, what's the exact error
    message? Are there any special permissions on the folder that the DLL is
    located in or the folder(s) that the DLL accesses, if any? In addition, have
    you tried unregistering and reregistering the DLL?

    --
    > Carsten
    >
    > I thank you for the url..
    > I still have the same problem..
    >
    > But, I think it's a Security issue or something like this..
    > Because, I try to run the access application (the dll is also used by this
    > application), and I got an 50002 error.
    >
    > I ve tried to compare the 2 computers but I didn't find where the problem
    > comes from...
    >
    > Any idea ?
    >
    > Stan
    >

    > "CT" <> a écrit dans le message

    de
    > news: #...
    > > Well, if it's VB6 it's worth trying this:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f9-b5c5-48f4-8edd-cdf2d29a79d5&displaylang=en

    > > --
    > > Carsten Thomsen
    > > Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
    > > http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
    > > "Stan Sainte-Rose" <> wrote in message
    > > > Yes, I suppose it's vb6.
    > > > How can I register the vb run-time dll's on the machine ?
    > > > Which files ?
    > > > Thanks for your help
    > > > Stan
    > > >

    > > > "CT" <> a écrit dans le

    message
    > > de
    > > > news: ...

    > VB6?
    > > > The
    > > > files.

    registher
    > > the
    > > > VB

    > where

    > and

    > > message

    le

    CT, May 12, 2004
  11. Hi Carsten,

    Okay, here's the error message I get from MS Access :
    Execution Error '50002'
    Application defined or object defined error..

    About the security folder, I add everybody (or everyone) profile.
    And I also unregistred and re-registred the dll.

    I thank you for your help
    Stan

    "CT" <> a écrit dans le message de
    news: uz#...
    > Okay, wasn't sure if the URL would heklp you, but wirth a shot. Now, you

    say
    > that MS Access is using the DLL as well? If so, what's the exact error
    > message? Are there any special permissions on the folder that the DLL is
    > located in or the folder(s) that the DLL accesses, if any? In addition,

    have
    > you tried unregistering and reregistering the DLL?
    >
    > --
    > Carsten Thomsen
    > Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
    > http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
    > "Stan Sainte-Rose" <> wrote in message
    > > Carsten
    > >
    > > I thank you for the url..
    > > I still have the same problem..
    > >
    > > But, I think it's a Security issue or something like this..
    > > Because, I try to run the access application (the dll is also used by

    this
    > > application), and I got an 50002 error.
    > >
    > > I ve tried to compare the 2 computers but I didn't find where the

    problem
    > > comes from...
    > >
    > > Any idea ?
    > >
    > > Stan
    > >

    > > "CT" <> a écrit dans le message

    > de
    > > news: #...
    > > > Well, if it's VB6 it's worth trying this:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f9-b5c5-48f4-8edd-cdf2d29a79d5&displaylang=en

    > > > --
    > > > Carsten Thomsen
    > > > Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
    > > > http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
    > > > "Stan Sainte-Rose" <> wrote in message

    > message
    > > > de

    it's
    > > VB6?

    mentioned

    > registher
    > > > the

    > > where

    vbrun
    > > and

    same...

    > > > message

    dans

    Stan Sainte-Rose, May 12, 2004
  12. Ct,

    I found the solution for the MS Access application.
    In fact I had to add 2 missing dlls (vb6fr.dll and vb6stkit.dll)
    So now, here's my new error message from aspnet.

    I get an denied access 'Interop.AXLensCalcV6'

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = Interop.AXLensCalcV6
    (Partial)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Calcul
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Interop.AXLensCalcV6
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/calcul/6402d9c6/be0cade7/Interop.AXLensCalcV6.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/calcul/6402d9c6/be0cade7/Interop.AXLensCalcV6/Interop.AXLensCalcV6.DLL
    ..
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Calcul/bin/Interop.AXLensCalcV6.DLL.
    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Interop.AXLensCalcV6, Version=3.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

    Stan

    "Stan Sainte-Rose" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    OFQcQP#...
    > Hi Carsten,
    >
    > Okay, here's the error message I get from MS Access :
    > Execution Error '50002'
    > Application defined or object defined error..
    >
    > About the security folder, I add everybody (or everyone) profile.
    > And I also unregistred and re-registred the dll.
    >
    > I thank you for your help
    > Stan
    >
    > "CT" <> a écrit dans le message

    de
    > news: uz#...
    > > Okay, wasn't sure if the URL would heklp you, but wirth a shot. Now, you

    > say
    > > that MS Access is using the DLL as well? If so, what's the exact error
    > > message? Are there any special permissions on the folder that the DLL is
    > > located in or the folder(s) that the DLL accesses, if any? In addition,

    > have
    > > you tried unregistering and reregistering the DLL?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Carsten Thomsen
    > > Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
    > > http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
    > > "Stan Sainte-Rose" <> wrote in message
    > > > Carsten
    > > >
    > > > I thank you for the url..
    > > > I still have the same problem..
    > > >
    > > > But, I think it's a Security issue or something like this..
    > > > Because, I try to run the access application (the dll is also used by

    > this
    > > > application), and I got an 50002 error.
    > > >
    > > > I ve tried to compare the 2 computers but I didn't find where the

    > problem
    > > > comes from...
    > > >
    > > > Any idea ?
    > > >
    > > > Stan
    > > >

    > > > "CT" <> a écrit dans le

    message
    > > de
    > > > news: #...

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f9-b5c5-48f4-8edd-cdf2d29a79d5&displaylang=en

    > > message

    > it's
    > > > VB6?

    > mentioned

    > > registher

    computer
    > > > where

    > vbrun
    > > > and

    > same...

    le

    Stan Sainte-Rose, May 12, 2004
  13. Ok, everything seems to be ok... :)

    I reset the iis... and it works..

    Stan
    "Stan Sainte-Rose" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    #j0rI#...
> [...]

    > > And I also unregistred and re-registred the dll.
    > >
    > > I thank you for your help
    > > Stan
    > >
    > > "CT" <> a écrit dans le message

    > de
    > > news: uz#...
    > > > Okay, wasn't sure if the URL would heklp you, but wirth a shot. Now,

    you
    > > say
    > > > that MS Access is using the DLL as well? If so, what's the exact error
    > > > message? Are there any special permissions on the folder that the DLL

    is
    > > > located in or the folder(s) that the DLL accesses, if any? In

    addition,
    > > have
    > > > you tried unregistering and reregistering the DLL?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Carsten Thomsen
    > > > Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF

    dans
    > le

    > > dans
    > > > le
    > > > accessing

    What
    > > kind

    message

    Stan Sainte-Rose, May 12, 2004
  14. Stan Sainte-Rose

    CT Guest

    Very pleased to hear it.

    --
    > Ok, everything seems to be ok... :)
    >
    > I reset the iis... and it works..
    >
    > Stan
    > "Stan Sainte-Rose" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > #j0rI#...
    > > Ct,
    > >
    > > I found the solution for the MS Access application.
    > > In fact I had to add 2 missing dlls (vb6fr.dll and vb6stkit.dll)
    > > So now, here's my new error message from aspnet.
    > >
    > > I get an denied access 'Interop.AXLensCalcV6'
    > >

    > > === Pre-bind state information ===
    > > LOG: DisplayName = Interop.AXLensCalcV6
    > > (Partial)
    > > LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Calcul
    > > LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    > > Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    > > ===
    > >
    > > LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private,

    custom,
    > > partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    > > LOG: Post-policy reference: Interop.AXLensCalcV6
    > > LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    > > file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
    > > Files/calcul/6402d9c6/be0cade7/Interop.AXLensCalcV6.DLL.
    > > LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    > > file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET

    Files/calcul/6402d9c6/be0cade7/Interop.AXLensCalcV6/Interop.AXLensCalcV6.DLL
    > > .
    > > LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    > > file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Calcul/bin/Interop.AXLensCalcV6.DLL.
    > > LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private,

    custom,
    > > partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    > > LOG: Post-policy reference: Interop.AXLensCalcV6, Version=3.0.0.0,
    > > Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    > >
    > > Stan
    > >

    > > "Stan Sainte-Rose" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > > OFQcQP#...
    > > > Hi Carsten,
    > > >
    > > > Okay, here's the error message I get from MS Access :
    > > > Execution Error '50002'
    > > > Application defined or object defined error..
    > > >
    > > > About the security folder, I add everybody (or everyone) profile.
    > > > And I also unregistred and re-registred the dll.
    > > >
    > > > I thank you for your help
    > > > Stan
    > > >
    > > > "CT" <> a écrit dans le

    message