"Exception ... in <generator object ...> ignored" Messages

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ami Tavory, Feb 14, 2013.

  1. Ami Tavory

    Ami Tavory Guest

    Hi,

    Running the unit tests for some generator code, prints, as a side effect,
    numerous messages of the form:

    Exception NameError: "global name 'l' is not defined" in <generator object
    _dagpype_internal_fn_act at 0x9d4c500> ignored
    Exception AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'close'" in
    <generator object split at 0x7601640> ignored
    Exception AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'close'" in
    <generator object split at 0x7601690> ignored

    The tests otherwise run fine.

    Is there any way to catch the point where such a message originates, and
    print a traceback? I find it difficult to debug otherwise. I've tried
    running Python with -W error, catching warnings with context managers, and
    so forth, but without any success.

    Thanks!

    Ami Tavory, Feb 14, 2013