Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: isSetUID

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lorin Hochstein, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Hey all,

    I'm trying to run a Java application (I didn't write it) on an AIX
    machine, the gory details of the JVM are:

    java version "1.4.0"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0)
    Classic VM (build 1.4.0, J2RE 1.4.0 IBM AIX build cadev-20020813 (JIT
    enabled: jitc))

    When I run the program, I get the following error:

    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: isSetUID
    at java.util.logging.FileHandler.generate(FileHandler.java:476)
    at java.util.logging.FileHandler.openFiles(FileHandler.java:375)
    at java.util.logging.FileHandler.<init>(FileHandler.java:346)
    (etc)

    So, it seems that the JVM can't find where the native isSetUID function
    is implemented. Does anybody know how to fix this?

    I had to change the PATH variable to point to the right Java application
    (default points to an older version of Java), so one possible problem is
    that the system doesn't know where to find the right shared library.
    But, I don't know which shared library contains that function, or how to
    tell the system where to find it (LD_LIBRARY_PATH, maybe?).

    Lorin Hochstein
    Lorin Hochstein, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Lorin Hochstein

    nos Guest

    maybe you can get rid of the old version and try again

    nos, Mar 4, 2004

  3. nos wrote:
    > maybe you can get rid of the old version and try again

    Unfortunately, I don't have administration privileges on the system. I
    don't get to decide what gets installed and uninstalled.

    Lorin
    Lorin Hochstein, Mar 5, 2004