Exception not being displayed

Guest

The subject is a bit vague but here is my situation:

I wrote an object that does error reporting in applications. It allows me to
send an email and/or store the information in a database should my try catch
routine experience an exception. This all works fine, if configured I receive
the emails and it gets stored in the database. However, if the error occurs
within an assembly the page does not catch the exception, why?

I discovered this by forgetting to set security on a SP and I received an
email but the page appeared to process just fine.

Why doesn't my page catch routine see the object exception on the sp?