Exception occured While loading dynamically EXE assembly in C++/CLI(Could not load file or assembly

Discussion in 'C++' started by glitteringsounds, Jul 3, 2010.

  1. I am facing an exception in C++/CLI while dynamically loading assembly
    which itself an EXE created in C++/CLI managed mode using
    Assembly.Load. It successfully loads a dll assembly, but fails to load
    EXE assembly and generates following exception:

    An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileLoadException' occurred
    in TestManager.dll

    Could not load file or assembly 'testAssembly, Version=1.0.3836.39802,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    Attempt to load an unverifiable executable with fixups (IAT with more
    than 2 sections or a TLS section.) (Exception from HRESULT:
    0x80131019)

    Note : TestManager.dll itself managed dll and loaded into another CLR
    process in CLI and trying to load EXE assembly as seperate process but
    fails and generates about exception.

    This could probably be due to playing with mixed mode. I am stuck here
    and needs kind help.

    Regards Usman

    glitteringsounds, Jul 3, 2010

  2. * glitteringsounds, on 03.07.2010 21:35:
    > I am facing an exception in C++/CLI while dynamically loading assembly
    > which itself an EXE created in C++/CLI managed mode using
    > Assembly.Load. It successfully loads a dll assembly, but fails to load
    > EXE assembly and generates following exception:
    >
    > An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileLoadException' occurred
    > in TestManager.dll
    >
    > Could not load file or assembly 'testAssembly, Version=1.0.3836.39802,
    > Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    > Attempt to load an unverifiable executable with fixups (IAT with more
    > than 2 sections or a TLS section.) (Exception from HRESULT:
    > 0x80131019)
    >
    > Note : TestManager.dll itself managed dll and loaded into another CLR
    > process in CLI and trying to load EXE assembly as seperate process but
    > fails and generates about exception.
    >
    > This could probably be due to playing with mixed mode. I am stuck here
    > and needs kind help.

    Perhaps the baker or the tourist information can help?

    After all, it doesn't matter who you ask or where you ask, does it?

    Cheers & hth.,

    - Alf

    Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet, Jul 3, 2010