    Can anyone please help me?

    Thanks
    Neo
    =?Utf-8?B?TmVv?=, Jul 11, 2005

  2. I ran into this one and got through it, but do not remember the specifics of
    how. If I remember correctly, it was installing the complete client suite
    that solved the issue (the Oracle client tools require a partial, not
    complete, install, to work so the fact Oracle tools are working does not mean
    OracleClient will). I do not remember a security issue, but that does not
    mean it is not the case with your connection issue.

    In general, I suggest using ODP.NET (free download from otn.oracle.com) over
    the Microsoft OracleClient classes. They are better tuned for Oracle needs.

    NOTE: The OracleClient classes will not work againt 10g, as the Oracle
    internals have changed.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    ***************************
    Think Outside the Box!
    ***************************

    =?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBN, Jul 11, 2005

  3. Make sure that ASPNET, IUSR and IWAM for your machine all have access to the
    Oracle folder. They don't need full access. Then do a reset on all child
    item permissions.

    Then, reboot your computer.
    --
    Direct Email: Michael.Baltic@RemoveCharactersUpTo#NCMC.Com

    Staff Consultant II
    Enterprise Web Services
    Cardinal Solutions Group

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBCYWx0aWM=?=, Jul 12, 2005