Exception when invoking web service from asp .net form

Gabriel

When creating the instance to invoke a web service method, I always
get the exception shown at the bottom. The .dll file changes randomly,
although the error always occurs at the
System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad() method.

The code is running on a Windows 2003 server-IIS6. The thing is that
same code works perfectly on a different machine with exact same
configuration. The only difference between both is that security
templates Member Server Base Line.inf and Hig Sec- IIS Server.inf have
been applied to the machine on which this fails. This makes me think
is a permissions problem so I checked and granted permissions for
Framework and asp net temp folders to the user account (Network
Service) running IIS (as it was indicated in a few posts I had a look
at). Well, none of this worked and it keeps failing.

Are there any known conflicts between these security policies and ISS
6?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm going nuts.

Best regards,

Gabriel.

Stack trace here:

File or assembly name -g_t6ocr.dll, or one of its dependencies, was
not found. mscorlib at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName
fileName, String codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence
assemblySecurity, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName
assemblyRef, Boolean stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef,
Evidence assemblySecurity)
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_CompiledAssembly()
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_CompiledAssembly()
at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile()
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[]
xmlMappings)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMappings(XmlMapping[]
mappings)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientType..ctor(Type type)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol..ctor()
at net.aq.integracion.WSAccesoGIS.PlantaExterna..ctor()
at net.aq.integracion.ArcIMS.AbrirElemento(String tipo_elemento,
Object mslink)
at net.ap.InventarioRed.Arqueta.Informacion.UltraWebToolbar1_ButtonClicked(Object
sender, ButtonEvent e)
at Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebToolbar.UltraWebToolbar.OnButtonClicked(TBarButton
button, Boolean bDepressed)
at Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebToolbar.UltraWebToolbar.RaisePostBackEvent(String
eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler
sourceControl, String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection
postData)

Tom C

If you are game for an experiment, remove the Microsoft patch KB828741
via Add/Remove programs and try it again. I had the same problem and
this fixed it. There is another post on Google explaining the problem
and solution rationale.

-Tom

[...]

P.S. I found my last post -- Search on "Re: Crazy ASP.NET ERROR. dpwnnjmk.dll???"

---Tom

[...]

Hiya Tom,

Thanks very much for you help. Reinstalling the framework did solve
the problem, though I'm not certain about the patch being the caused
of it.

After executing aspnet_regiis.ex -i, we tried and worked fine. We then
tried reinstalling the patch to see whether this caused it stop
working. Well, it didn't and the web service call worked fine, so we
don't exactly know what the reason was.

We will try now uninstalling the security templates and installing
them again to see if that was affecting the framework installation.
I'll let you know the outcome.

Thanks again and regards,

Gabriel.