Exception when invoking web service from asp .net form

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Gabriel, May 3, 2004.

  1. Gabriel

    Gabriel Guest

    When creating the instance to invoke a web service method, I always
    get the exception shown at the bottom. The .dll file changes randomly,
    although the error always occurs at the
    System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad() method.

    The code is running on a Windows 2003 server-IIS6. The thing is that
    same code works perfectly on a different machine with exact same
    configuration. The only difference between both is that security
    templates Member Server Base Line.inf and Hig Sec- IIS Server.inf have
    been applied to the machine on which this fails. This makes me think
    is a permissions problem so I checked and granted permissions for
    Framework and asp net temp folders to the user account (Network
    Service) running IIS (as it was indicated in a few posts I had a look
    at). Well, none of this worked and it keeps failing.

    Are there any known conflicts between these security policies and ISS
    6?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm going nuts.

    Best regards,

    Gabriel.

    Stack trace here:

    File or assembly name -g_t6ocr.dll, or one of its dependencies, was
    not found. mscorlib at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName
    fileName, String codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence
    assemblySecurity, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint,
    StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName
    assemblyRef, Boolean stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity,
    StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef,
    Evidence assemblySecurity)
    at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_CompiledAssembly()
    at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_CompiledAssembly()
    at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile()
    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[]
    xmlMappings)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMappings(XmlMapping[]
    mappings)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientType..ctor(Type type)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol..ctor()
    at net.aq.integracion.WSAccesoGIS.PlantaExterna..ctor()
    at net.aq.integracion.ArcIMS.AbrirElemento(String tipo_elemento,
    Object mslink)
    at net.ap.InventarioRed.Arqueta.Informacion.UltraWebToolbar1_ButtonClicked(Object
    sender, ButtonEvent e)
    at Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebToolbar.UltraWebToolbar.OnButtonClicked(TBarButton
    button, Boolean bDepressed)
    at Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebToolbar.UltraWebToolbar.RaisePostBackEvent(String
    eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler
    sourceControl, String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection
    postData)
    Gabriel, May 3, 2004

  2. Gabriel

    Tom C Guest

    If you are game for an experiment, remove the Microsoft patch KB828741
    via Add/Remove programs and try it again. I had the same problem and
    this fixed it. There is another post on Google explaining the problem
    and solution rationale.

    -Tom

    Tom C, May 5, 2004

  3. Gabriel

    Tom C Guest

    P.S. I found my last post -- Search on "Re: Crazy ASP.NET ERROR. dpwnnjmk.dll???"

    Tom C, May 5, 2004
  4. Gabriel

    Gabriel Guest

    Hiya Tom,

    Thanks very much for you help. Reinstalling the framework did solve
    the problem, though I'm not certain about the patch being the caused
    of it.

    After executing aspnet_regiis.ex -i, we tried and worked fine. We then
    tried reinstalling the patch to see whether this caused it stop
    working. Well, it didn't and the web service call worked fine, so we
    don't exactly know what the reason was.

    We will try now uninstalling the security templates and installing
    them again to see if that was affecting the framework installation.
    I'll let you know the outcome.

    Thanks again and regards,

    Gabriel.

    Gabriel, May 7, 2004