exchanging focus between iframes

alberto.ramacciotti

It seems to me that focus between two iframes in HTML page cannot be
exchanged. I need it to control when a user click on a iframe.
Because window object raise only events onfocus and onblur, I supposed
I could to blur focus away from that iframe to make every click on that
iframe to raise the onfocus event on it.
Sample:

<script>
function focushandler() {
alert("new focus on iframe") ;
self.frame2.focus() ; // I also gave a try to: .document.body. or
getElementById()
// self.frame1.blur() ; it could be an alternative. Doesn't work too
to me.
}
</script>
<iframe TABINDEX="1" name="frame1" onfocus="focushandler();">
<iframe TABINDEX="2" name="frame2">

any suggestions will be appreciated.