Exclude some web pages from authentication

Hardy Wang

Hi,
I have a ASP.NET web site with form authentication.
Now I need to create a sub folder named "abc", I need to exclude all files
under this folder nopt to be protected by form authentication, how shall I
do it?

Thanks!

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

add this to the web.config (root level, outside <system.web> but inside
<configuration >)

<location path="abc">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow users="*" />
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

or you can make general web.config to the 'abc' folder (like the one at root
level but without global settings such as <authentication>, <sessionState>
and so on which need to be set at root level)