    need to exclude a file from authentication so that all users can view
    it. How?

    Thanks, Paul.

    Paul Cook, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Paul Cook

    Harley Guest

    first, remember that forms authentication will not protect a file from being
    viwed by users. if they get the full URL to the file (and the file is not an
    aspx or html one...) they can view it by entering the URL on the address bar
    of the browser. if you want to avoid this, you should use windows
    authentication.
    to protect a specific location, i used these configuration for the
    web.config. use one <location> for each URL you want to protect.

    <system.web>

    Harley, Aug 7, 2003