    file) to an executable file?

    --
    Philip Seeger
    Philip Seeger, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Philip Seeger

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Philip Seeger wrote:
    > I'm sorry for that newbie question but how can I compile a program (a .py
    > file) to an executable file?

    To save you what might be much wasted time on a wild goose chase, could
    you please tell us why you want to do this? (performance, protection
    from prying eyes, easier distribution, or some other reason?)

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, Jun 9, 2005

  3. For easier distribution. Otherwise the client computer had to have Python
    installed.

    Philip

    Philip Seeger, Jun 10, 2005
  4. Philip Seeger

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Philip Seeger wrote:
    >>>I'm sorry for that newbie question but how can I compile a program (a .py
    >>>file) to an executable file?

    > For easier distribution. Otherwise the client computer had to have Python
    > installed.

    In that case, and since you appear to be running on Windows (judging by
    the headers in your post), look for "py2exe". You may also want to use
    InnoSetup or another free installer, since py2exe does the packaging you
    want but doesn't bundle the files all together for easy installation.

    Py2exe plus InnoSetup is a very widely used and appreciated combo.

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, Jun 10, 2005