Execl() in windows

shalombi

I am having a weird result with the execl() func under windows (i know
its meant for unix).
When I put the execl in a piece of code then run the app and when I
give a value to execl all it does is rerun the prog or rerun just
main() I dont know which.
Is this normal? Is it ok to use this if i want to loop my app?
I tried looking it up on google but didnt find anything.
This is actually pretty useful to me altough unusual.
Thanks

Maxime F

Keith Thompson

shalombi said:
I am having a weird result with the execl() func under windows (i know
its meant for unix).

When you post this question to a more appropriate newsgroup, probably
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc, be sure to provide more details,
such as the actual arguments you're passing to the (non-standard)
execl() function. Even knowing what execl() does, I can't tell from
your description what you're trying to do.
When I put the execl in a piece of code then run the app and when I
give a value to execl all it does is rerun the prog or rerun just
main() I dont know which.

I don't know what distinction you're making here (between running the
program and running just main()). This is something else you should
clarify when you post to a Windows group.