executable from python cod

Steven Bethard

Mmmm... Python cod. I'd serve it with a nice dynamic-typing salsa, a
side of spicy multiple-inheritance pilaf and a creamy tuple-unpacking
mousse for dessert! =)

Steve

Diez B. Roggisch

how you think - if needs small executable creating from python code?

Its hard to understand what you actually want - so I've got to resort to
more-or-less wild guessing:

You seem to ask about python standalone executables, preferrably compiled
and small in size. The answer is: No, that's not doable. There exist things
like pyexe, that attempt to create compact installers - only the neccessary
modules, and the core interpreter. Maybe that helps you?

Peter Hansen

Diez said:
You seem to ask about python standalone executables, preferrably compiled
and small in size. The answer is: No, that's not doable. There exist things
like pyexe, that attempt to create compact installers - only the neccessary
modules, and the core interpreter. Maybe that helps you?

Diez mistyped: it's actually "py2exe". A Google search will reveal
all additional details...

-Peter

Nickolay

Diez B. Roggisch said:
You seem to ask about python standalone executables, preferrably compiled
and small in size. The answer is: No, that's not doable. There exist things
like pyexe, that attempt to create compact installers - only the neccessary
modules, and the core interpreter. Maybe that helps you?

No i need it help.
I created small compiler(real, not packer - like py2exe) to compile
basic python code(to work compiled program - not need it python??.dll
or *.pyd files). Simple py programs, after compiling has size 1-3,4
kb. But i don't know if it need... That's why i ask you.

Diez B. Roggisch

No i need it help.
I created small compiler(real, not packer - like py2exe) to compile
basic python code(to work compiled program - not need it python??.dll
or *.pyd files). Simple py programs, after compiling has size 1-3,4
kb. But i don't know if it need... That's why i ask you.

When it works - sure, I bet a lot of people are interested.

bearophile

(e-mail address removed) (Nickolay), this is quite interesting. Can you tell us
some more about it?
How we can find/try it?
How much language can it compile (can it use lists?)
Is the compiler written in Python (this probably makes it simpler to
create)?

Bearophile

Nickolay

When it works - sure, I bet a lot of people are interested.

Thanks for your opinion. I will continue work, but i have a "general
question"
- How name it? :)

... this is quite interesting. Can you tell us
some more about it?
compiler is 32 bits,Intel family
How we can find/try it?
In this momement only on my comuter ;)
But when i ready with first version, i'll put message to many palces
How much language can it compile (can it use lists?)
assembler, and basic code other languages - i have problem with
classes
Is the compiler written in Python (this probably makes it simpler to
create)?

No but may be will be. I wish to create an absolute free compiler and
IDE with open source.

that's all