Executable Jar not behaving same as in debug (eclipse ide)

Discussion in 'Java' started by PhilBray, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. PhilBray

    PhilBray Guest

    Hello,

    I have built an applicaiton anthe Eclipse 3.2 IDE and having run
    through it in debug mode the code all runs fine.

    I am however having serious problems with the code once I have placed
    it in an executable JAR file. When I run the applicaiton it seems as
    though one of my classes is no longer called correctly and the app just
    seems to sit in memory until I end it via Task Manager. I know that all
    my code up until the creation of my class is working as I am using a
    very crued method of placing system beep commands in my code which have
    all passed the test up until the point I try and create my problem
    class and also a log file which stops logging once I have created my
    problem class.

    Does anyone have any ideas on what is actually happening and ideally
    how to resolve the issue?

    Thanks in advance,

    Phil
    PhilBray, Sep 19, 2006

  2. PhilBray

    PofN Guest

    PhilBray wrote:
    > Does anyone have any ideas on what is actually happening and ideally
    > how to resolve the issue?

    You fucked up multithreading.
    PofN, Sep 19, 2006

  3. PhilBray

    PhilBray Guest

    PofN wrote:
    > PhilBray wrote:
    > > Does anyone have any ideas on what is actually happening and ideally
    > > how to resolve the issue?

    > You fucked up multithreading.

    Any ideas on how I can resolve this? I also ran the JAR from the
    command line and got this error:

    But like I said before, it works fine in Eclipse!!!

    Thanks,

    Phil
    PhilBray, Sep 19, 2006
  4. PhilBray