    great! I use ASPExecute to run an .exe - but it doesn't fire. It just
    sits in the process window. Doesn't do anything. Is IWAM, or IUSR or
    both required to run it?

    Just1Coder, Sep 30, 2004

  2. Just1Coder wrote:
    > I recently moved an app over to IIS 6 from IIS 5. Everything works
    > great! I use ASPExecute to run an .exe - but it doesn't fire. It just
    > sits in the process window. Doesn't do anything. Is IWAM, or IUSR or
    > both required to run it?

    I've never heard of ASPExecute. Is that a third-party product? If so, you
    probably need to contact their tech support.
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 30, 2004

  3. You can use FileMon (www.winternals.com , I believe) to determine which user
    is trying to access the EXE.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Sep 30, 2004
  4. Just1Coder

    Just1Coder Guest

    Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    > Just1Coder wrote:
    >
    >>I recently moved an app over to IIS 6 from IIS 5. Everything works
    >>great! I use ASPExecute to run an .exe - but it doesn't fire. It just
    >>sits in the process window. Doesn't do anything. Is IWAM, or IUSR or
    >>both required to run it?

    > I've never heard of ASPExecute. Is that a third-party product? If so, you
    > probably need to contact their tech support.

    Yes, it is - found it here a few years ago:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2059

    I get the same problem using wshell too though... I don't think it's a
    component problem.

    Just1Coder, Sep 30, 2004
  5. Just1Coder

    Just1Coder Guest

    Just1Coder wrote:
    > Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    >
    >> Just1Coder wrote:
    >>
    >>> I recently moved an app over to IIS 6 from IIS 5. Everything works
    >>> great! I use ASPExecute to run an .exe - but it doesn't fire. It just
    >>> sits in the process window. Doesn't do anything. Is IWAM, or IUSR or
    >>> both required to run it?

    >> I've never heard of ASPExecute. Is that a third-party product? If so, you
    >> probably need to contact their tech support.

    > Yes, it is - found it here a few years ago:
    > http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2059
    >
    > I get the same problem using wshell too though... I don't think it's a
    > component problem.

    It's running under the Network Service.

    Just1Coder, Sep 30, 2004
  6. www.sysinternals.com actually ;-)

    --
    Jason Brown
    Microsoft GTSC, IIS

    rights.

    Jason Brown [MSFT], Oct 1, 2004
  7. Just1Coder

    Just1Coder Guest

    Jason Brown [MSFT] wrote:
    > www.sysinternals.com actually ;-)

    Right ;)

    It shows Network Service running the .exe

    How can I get IWAM to execute it instead as the Network Server doesn't
    seem to be doing anything... the EXE is just sitting there idle. ( IIS 6.0 )

    Just1Coder, Oct 1, 2004
  8. Today I ran filemon.exe on a Citrix server. As soon as I opened it and
    applied my filter, the server blue screened. It was neat. The 40 people
    with TS sessions on the server really got a kick out of it. Damn third
    party applications.

    Ray at home

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 2, 2004