Execute JavaScript from within Perl

bruno

How do I execute Javascript from within perl?

What I want to do:
I have a perl script that downloads webpages and analyzes them.
One of these pages just sends a lot of raw data. A long javascript
program generates the page using document.write. I would like to read
this page.

My system: win2000, activeperl 5.8
I have downloaded javascript.pm.
I have downloaded js-1.5-rc5.tar.gz and compiled it with VC 6.0, which
resulted in 2 files: js32.dll, jsshell.exe.

Where do I have to copy the dll-file to use it with perl?
What else do I have to do?
Anybody doing this on a windows-system?

thanx, Bruno.

Malcolm Dew-Jones

bruno ([email protected]) wrote:
: How do I execute Javascript from within perl?

: What I want to do:
: I have a perl script that downloads webpages and analyzes them.
: One of these pages just sends a lot of raw data. A long javascript
: program generates the page using document.write. I would like to read
: this page.

: My system: win2000, activeperl 5.8
: I have downloaded javascript.pm.
: I have downloaded js-1.5-rc5.tar.gz and compiled it with VC 6.0, which
: resulted in 2 files: js32.dll, jsshell.exe.

: Where do I have to copy the dll-file to use it with perl?

Sounds interesting.

Normally a .dll must simply be put somewhere in the path.