    I have a simple test program that was copied from the book. It compiles
    fine but when I try to execute it I get a command prompt that runs some
    GE2001.exe which shows the help for trying to execute the .JAVA program.

    Mark K, Nov 9, 2004

  2. On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 16:12:40 GMT, Mark K wrote:

    > I have a simple ..

    Questions from people starting Java are best dealt
    with on a different group described here..

    > ...test program ..

    Where?
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp>

    >...that was copied from the book.

    (Looks around) ..What book? The Koran?

    >..It compiles fine ..

    Define 'fine'?
    Exactly how do you compile it, from the command line?
    If so, what is the exact command and output?

    >..but when I try to execute it I get a command prompt that runs some
    > GE2001.exe which shows the help for trying to execute the .JAVA program.

    That does not makes sense, since you can
    a) compile a .java source code or
    b) execute/run a .class/.jar

    Which brings me to..
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>
    followed by. *Always* copy/paste output, otherwise
    you are wasting everybodys time and bandwidth.

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 9, 2004

  3. Mark K

    Ann Guest

    "Mark K" <> wrote in message
    > I have a simple test program that was copied from the book. It compiles
    > fine but when I try to execute it I get a command prompt that runs some
    > GE2001.exe which shows the help for trying to execute the .JAVA program.

    First, try reading the "...shows the help for trying to execute..."

    Then you might look at "JCreator.chm" which is in the same directory
    as "JCreator.exe" and "GE2001.exe"

    Ann, Nov 9, 2004
  4. On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 16:47:29 GMT, Ann wrote:

    > "Mark K" <> wrote in message
    >> I have a simple test program that was copied from the book. It compiles
    >> fine but when I try to execute it I get a command prompt that runs some
    >> GE2001.exe which shows the help for trying to execute the .JAVA program.

    > First, try reading the "...shows the help for trying to execute..."

    Read the documentation? Has the world gone *mad*?

    The OP sounds like he might also benefit from a still
    *more* radical strategy..
    <http://www.xdweb.net/~dibblego/java/faq/answers.html#Q34>

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 9, 2004
  5. Mark K

    Mark K Guest

    First of all the compile worked ( i received no errors)
    The book refers to 'a java - how to program manual'
    I tried to paste the error but I had to use paint shop pro to copy the error
    as its hard to paste a command prompt and part of the code here.
    I did try to read the help but it was 'no help'
    and lastly..
    give a newbie a break!

    If you dont have an answer or can provide any help, please dont post! just
    that simple.... I provided what I could. I would be more than happy to
    send the screen shot to someones email acct. for viewing.

    Mark K, Nov 9, 2004
  6. Mark K

    Ann Guest

    "Mark K" <> wrote in message
    > heres the screen shot...
    >

    > "Mark K" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a simple test program that was copied from the book. It compiles
    > > fine but when I try to execute it I get a command prompt that runs some
    > > GE2001.exe which shows the help for trying to execute the .JAVA program.

    Ok try this

    "java Test"

    Ann, Nov 9, 2004
  7. On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 18:21:58 GMT, Mark K wrote:

    > If you dont have an answer or can provide any help, please dont post!

    I have done this conversation too many times to do it again
    for yet another 'screaming noob', I'm too busy at the moment.
    So I'll ask you straight up. Are you more interested in ..
    a) Learning Java?
    b) P*ssing off those who are trying to help you?

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 9, 2004
  8. Mark K

    Ann Guest

    "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 18:21:58 GMT, Mark K wrote:
    >
    > > If you dont have an answer or can provide any help, please dont post!

    > I have done this conversation too many times to do it again
    > for yet another 'screaming noob', I'm too busy at the moment.
    > So I'll ask you straight up. Are you more interested in ..
    > a) Learning Java?
    > b) P*ssing off those who are trying to help you?

    Spoiled little rich kids to this a lot.

    Ann, Nov 10, 2004
  9. Mark K

    Mark K Guest

    well duh.. let me see.. hmmm ill take item 1

    but if those that are trying to help offer the help you have.. i dont want
    it.

    Yes I do agree.. spoiled little rich kid!

    There are nice ways of offering help and then there is the way you offered..
    Unless your going to truly help me out (without the BS statements) please
    dont!

    Mark K, Nov 10, 2004
  10. On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:23:13 GMT, Mark K wrote:

    Please refrain from top-posting Mark. I find it most confusing
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#netiquette>

    >"Andrew Thompson" <> wrote in message...

    >> ..Are you more interested in ..
    >> a) Learning Java?
    >> b) P*ssing off those who are trying to help you?

    > ..well duh.. let me see.. hmmm ill take item 1

    It is a pity your desire to learn Java has not translated
    into a sound strategy to do achieve that.

    > ..but if those that are trying to help offer the help you have..

    Which, for the record is here..
    <http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1xv9txbr7p72w$.1vyxgd6su37w7$>

    > ..i dont want it.

    Did you actually read it, or any of the links?

    I get no impression that you have. You have certainly not responded
    to any of my comments in a logical or useful way.

    > Yes I do agree.. spoiled little rich kid!
    >
    > There are nice ways of offering help and then there is the way you offered..

    What was it about that post that upset you?

    > Unless your going to truly help me out (without the BS statements) please
    > dont!

    If you continue to display the attitudes and immaturity that
    you have thus far, you are not going to get very far with getting
    help from this group *or* c.l.j.help.

    Now wake up to yourself and stop wasting our bandwidth with
    your pathetic moaning about how 'the world done me wrong'.
    It does not wash with (just about) anyone here.

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 10, 2004
  11. Mark K

    Mark K Guest

    Andrew .. please dont respond to any of my posts.

    To anyone else
    I was able to execute it using java Test

    I have also posted the output in a previous post. That is all I got when I
    hit the execute button.

    Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

    Mark

    Mark K, Nov 10, 2004
  12. On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:29:21 GMT, Mark K wrote:

    > Andrew .. please dont respond to any of my posts.

    Not practical, I will hadly remember you beyond tomorrow.
    I often don't look closely at 'From:' lines, in any case.

    You, on the other hand, have the pwoer to do what you keep
    requesting of me. ..Research 'Plonk'.

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 10, 2004
  13. Mark K

    Mark K Guest

    Have you always had this problem following directions?

    Mark K, Nov 10, 2004
  14. On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:35:36 GMT, Mark K wrote:

    > Have you always had this problem following directions?

    Yours? You're funny. ;-)

    >> You, on the other hand, have the pwoer to do what you keep
    >> requesting of me. ..Research 'Plonk'.

    Have you always had this problem of failing to understand the
    most basic things?

    Here - I'll make it so simple that hopefully even someone incapable
    of reading the instructions from their own IDE can understand..
    <http://www.google.com/search?q=define+plonk>

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 10, 2004