Execute server code without complete page refresh (XMLHTTP)

Matt

Is there a way to execute server code without doing a complete page
refresh in .Net? I have an ASP page to convert that uses XMLHTTP and I'm
wondering if I should continue to use it in ASPX or do something else.

The XMLHTTP is used in ASP to populate drop down boxes based on user
input without having to send the entire page contents back and forth to
the server. Our remote users have slow connections so it really helps to
keep the amount of data going back and forth to the server as small as
possible. The ASP page in question has a lot of information on it so
sending the entire page back and forth makes it painfully slow to the
users.

To summarize, my goal is to refresh or repopulate drop down lists
without having to do a complete refresh of the entire page.

Kevin Spencer

I have read and seen some examples of using JavaScript behaviors to talk
with Web Services via JavaScript. Wish I could give you a reference.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Matt

Interesting idea. I'm still looking for a good example that shows more
than adding two numbers and showing the result in an Alert window.