executing a bat file from a web page

abhatia83

I have a bat file that is invoked from a webpgae. The web page gives
the file as input and the bat file calls OpenOffice to perform a task
on the file. The bat file starts running invokes Open Office, but never
return control back to the web page.

I am using Apache, and have been unable to work around the problem

--Anurag

Si Ballenger

I have a bat file that is invoked from a webpgae. The web page gives
the file as input and the bat file calls OpenOffice to perform a task
on the file. The bat file starts running invokes Open Office, but never
return control back to the web page.

I am using Apache, and have been unable to work around the problem

Post the question in the comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows
newsgroup, as you are going to probably only going to get a rash
of sh*t from a couple of locals to the perl group. The answer
depends on if you want something sent back to the brouser or not.