executing a program

anshul_saprey

I have a program in Java that require three arguments from Command
line and executes.
I want to do this through a GUI developed using NetBeans.

I want to create Action of pressing Button after grabing the three
arguments from three text fileds.

In out put as soon as I press ok button the program should execute.

can some one help me in this situation....PLEASE

-Anshul Saprey

Andrew Thompson

anshul_saprey wrote:
can some one help me in this situation....

Can you add a question mark to indicate questions?

Which part are you having trouble with?

Putting three JTextFields on screen is a simple matter,
try adding each to a JPanel with a GridLayout. Then
you might also add a JButton to launch the program.

These are things described in the Java Tutorial.
Layouts
<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/layout/using.html>
Events
<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/events/index.html>

Once the three text fields are filled in, and the button
acitvated, the code needs to call one of the Runtime.exec()
methods to gain a Process. AFAIU, both input and output
streams of the Process need to be accounted for, for it to
work correctly.

Of course, launching a Java application by calling the main
is very kludgy. If you can import the class, it is easier to
construct an instance of the class directly, setting parameters
as needed.

As far as doing it in NetBeans. If you need to ask that
question, in the way you asked it, it indicates you should
not be working with a powerful IDE just yet. All this can
be done in a simple source editor, and from the command
line. Until you understand how to do that, an IDE will be
little use, and more of a hindrance, to you.

Please review this document on asking smart questions,
before posting more.

Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

Lew

anshul_saprey said:
I have a program in Java that require three arguments from Command
line and executes.
I want to do this through a GUI developed using NetBeans.

I want to create Action of pressing Button after grabing the three
arguments from three text fileds.

In out put as soon as I press ok button the program should execute.

can some one help me in this situation....PLEASE

> -Anshul Saprey

Unifying the threads - cross-posting for you so people won't be lost by the
multi-post.