    In out put as soon as I press ok button the program should execute.

    can some one help me in this situation....PLEASE

    -Anshul Saprey

    anshul_saprey, Jun 7, 2007

  2. anshul_saprey wrote:
    >can some one help me in this situation....

    Can you add a question mark to indicate questions?

    Which part are you having trouble with?

    Putting three JTextFields on screen is a simple matter,
    try adding each to a JPanel with a GridLayout. Then
    you might also add a JButton to launch the program.

    These are things described in the Java Tutorial.
    Layouts
    <http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/layout/using.html>
    Events
    <http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/events/index.html>

    Once the three text fields are filled in, and the button
    acitvated, the code needs to call one of the Runtime.exec()
    methods to gain a Process. AFAIU, both input and output
    streams of the Process need to be accounted for, for it to
    work correctly.

    Of course, launching a Java application by calling the main
    is very kludgy. If you can import the class, it is easier to
    construct an instance of the class directly, setting parameters
    as needed.

    As far as doing it in NetBeans. If you need to ask that
    question, in the way you asked it, it indicates you should
    not be working with a powerful IDE just yet. All this can
    be done in a simple source editor, and from the command
    line. Until you understand how to do that, an IDE will be
    little use, and more of a hindrance, to you.

    Please review this document on asking smart questions,
    before posting more.

    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 7, 2007

  3. anshul_saprey

    Lew Guest

    anshul_saprey wrote:
    > I have a program in Java that require three arguments from Command
    > line and executes.
    > I want to do this through a GUI developed using NetBeans.
    >
    > I want to create Action of pressing Button after grabing the three
    > arguments from three text fileds.
    >
    > In out put as soon as I press ok button the program should execute.
    >
    > can some one help me in this situation....PLEASE
    >

    > -Anshul Saprey

    Unifying the threads - cross-posting for you so people won't be lost by the
    multi-post.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Jun 7, 2007
  4. On Jun 7, 10:38 pm, anshul_saprey <>
    wrote:
    > I have a ..

    ...habit of posting the same question
    to a number of groups?

    Please stop that. It is known as multi-posting.
    It is counterproductive, and very unpopular.
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.html#xpost>

    (X-post to c.l.j.p./g., w/ f-u to c.l.j.p. only)

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 7, 2007