    --
    Neal Rogers
    University of Cape Town
    =?Utf-8?B?TmVhbA==?=, Jan 6, 2007

  2. Re: Executing a script from codebehind ..or accessing frames fromserv

    Hi,

    Neal wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > How do I execute an existing script from the codebehind.. forcing a
    > different form to do a postback and refresh itself but in it's own frame
    > or alternatively
    > force a reload of an aspx form in a different frame from the aspx form
    > which has posted back.
    >
    > TIA
    > Neal

    Your question is not clear.

    - Scripts are executed on the client, not on the server. Codebehind is
    executed on the server.

    - You talk about refreshing a frame, but the sequence is not clear.
    Apparently you have two frames, both with a ASPX page. If a frame is
    posted back to the server, the page will be refreshed. If you want a
    page to be posted back, and then after it has been loaded again, refresh
    a page in another frame, you can use the following JavaScript syntax in
    the onload event of the BODY tag:

    if ( parent.myOtherFrame )
    {
    parent.myOtherFrame.location.reload();