Executing a script from codebehind ..or accessing frames from serv

Guest

Hi

How do I execute an existing script from the codebehind.. forcing a
different form to do a postback and refresh itself but in it's own frame
or alternatively
force a reload of an aspx form in a different frame from the aspx form
which has posted back.

TIA
Neal

Laurent Bugnion [MVP]

Hi,
Hi

How do I execute an existing script from the codebehind.. forcing a
different form to do a postback and refresh itself but in it's own frame
or alternatively
force a reload of an aspx form in a different frame from the aspx form
which has posted back.

TIA
Neal

Your question is not clear.

- Scripts are executed on the client, not on the server. Codebehind is
executed on the server.

- You talk about refreshing a frame, but the sequence is not clear.
Apparently you have two frames, both with a ASPX page. If a frame is
posted back to the server, the page will be refreshed. If you want a
page to be posted back, and then after it has been loaded again, refresh
a page in another frame, you can use the following JavaScript syntax in
the onload event of the BODY tag:

if ( parent.myOtherFrame )
{
parent.myOtherFrame.location.reload();