Executing a VBS file from an ASP page

p byers

Good Morning
I used to be able to Execute '.VBS' files from ASP pages.

I think the facility stopped in IIS6
Security feature I guess - any work arounds available ??

Thanks
Pete (Northolt UK)

Bob Barrows [MVP]

p said:
Good Morning
I used to be able to Execute '.VBS' files from ASP pages.

I think the facility stopped in IIS6
Security feature I guess - any work arounds available ??
Why not use a server-side include (SSI)?
That said, I was unaware that IIS6 stopped allowing this. What are your
symptoms when you attempt it?

p byers

Thanks for your reply.

The reason I have not used SSI is because I have to VBS files that
loop continuously all the time the server is "UP"

They are in the list of StartUp files to be Executed.

We found that ASP would not start them several years ago - so we got
used to - using Remote Desktop login to start them when the failed (or
failed to start at a 're-boot')

Recently we have changed our Server - we are running them side by side
at the momement.

I tried the old ASP file on the old server to find the Error Message -
suprise, surprise !! it worked perfectly (why it does now, I dont know -
we tried for hours and hours several years ago but eventually gave up)

I tried it on the new server - it gave the following Error

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied

Now I know it is a "permissions" problem, I will go through comparing
the security settings on old and new servers.

Hopefully, I will crack it !!!

Thank you

Pete (Northolt UK)

p byers

Thanks Bob
The 'AT' suggestion could achieve what I need to.

It does not need to run in IIS context

Pete(Northolt UK)