  1. Dave Karmens

    Dave Karmens Guest

    What is the preferred method of executing .bat or .exe via ASPs
    Dave Karmens, Feb 20, 2004

  2. Dave Karmens

    Dave Karmens Guest

    Yes, sorry. I have tried to ways so far:
    1. ASPEXEC
    2. WSH

    ASPEXEC was *MUCH* faster. I guess it depends on what the EXE is doing
    too, but the WSH timed out & the ASPEXEC fires almost immidiately, and
    returns without having to wait for the exe to complete.

    Dave Karmens, Feb 20, 2004

  3. Dave Karmens

    Ray at Guest

    WSH doesn't have to wait for return either.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/wsMthRun.asp

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Feb 20, 2004
  4. Dave Karmens

    Dave Karmens Guest

    Hmmm.... for some reason then WSH timed out while executing, and ASPEXEC
    fired right away and returned.

    Dave Karmens, Feb 20, 2004
  5. Dave Karmens

    Dave Karmens Guest

    sorry ray, I should have read that article before replying :) I know
    what the problem was ..

    [bWaitOnReturn] was set to true :S

    Dave Karmens, Feb 20, 2004
  6. Dave Karmens