    setup), but I can't remember how.

    Any suggestions?
    , Aug 2, 2006

  2. Paul Lalli Guest

    wrote:
    > Hey all, I'm doing some testing w/ a WinXP setup (don't ask) and IIS
    > 5.1. Going to test Twiki on it, but I'm having a small issue. I'd like
    > to run the perl scripts without having to type in the .pl.
    >
    > Example:
    >
    > http://www.test.com/script (where script is a perl file at the root of
    > the public web directory).
    >
    > I could've sworn I did this on a test environment last week (same
    > setup), but I can't remember how.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    It looks as though you have a webserver configuration issue, not a Perl
    issue. That is, your question has nothing to do with the actual Perl
    language. The files that you want to access by munging their filenames
    just happen to contain Perl code. Therefore, you are not likely to get
    the best possible assistance from a group which deals with the Perl
    language itself.

    I strongly suggest you post your question to a newsgroup or forum that
    deals with the configuration of your webserver.

    Good luck,
    Paul Lalli
    Paul Lalli, Aug 2, 2006

  3. Matt Garrish Guest

    Paul Lalli wrote:

    > wrote:
    > > Hey all, I'm doing some testing w/ a WinXP setup (don't ask) and IIS
    > > 5.1. Going to test Twiki on it, but I'm having a small issue. I'd like
    > > to run the perl scripts without having to type in the .pl.
    > >
    > > Example:
    > >
    > > http://www.test.com/script (where script is a perl file at the root of
    > > the public web directory).
    > >
    > > I could've sworn I did this on a test environment last week (same
    > > setup), but I can't remember how.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions?

    > It looks as though you have a webserver configuration issue, not a Perl
    > issue. That is, your question has nothing to do with the actual Perl
    > language. The files that you want to access by munging their filenames
    > just happen to contain Perl code.

    Filtering sounds so much nicer. Can't be done in IIS without an ISAPI
    filter to my knowledge, though (but this is the wrong place to be
    asking).

    I always enjoy the "I don't know what I'm talking about but I'll
    pretend it was working last week" approach to questions, though. : )

    Matt
    Matt Garrish, Aug 2, 2006
  4. l v Guest

    Matt Garrish wrote:
    > Paul Lalli wrote:
    >

    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hey all, I'm doing some testing w/ a WinXP setup (don't ask) and IIS
    >>>5.1. Going to test Twiki on it, but I'm having a small issue. I'd like
    >>>to run the perl scripts without having to type in the .pl.
    >>>
    >>>Example:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.test.com/script (where script is a perl file at the root of
    >>>the public web directory).
    >>>
    >>>I could've sworn I did this on a test environment last week (same
    >>>setup), but I can't remember how.
    >>>
    >>>Any suggestions?

    >>It looks as though you have a webserver configuration issue, not a Perl
    >>issue. That is, your question has nothing to do with the actual Perl
    >>language. The files that you want to access by munging their filenames
    >>just happen to contain Perl code.

    > Filtering sounds so much nicer. Can't be done in IIS without an ISAPI
    > filter to my knowledge, though (but this is the wrong place to be
    > asking).
    >
    > I always enjoy the "I don't know what I'm talking about but I'll
    > pretend it was working last week" approach to questions, though. : )
    >
    > Matt

    The ISAPI filter can be the Perl script. But I agree, there are better
    newgroups to post in order to get the best way to do it.

    --

    Len
    l v, Aug 2, 2006

    I appreciate everyone's responses, and yes, in retrospect, this was the
    incorrect group to post in, but the quoted response was completely
    inappropriate. It was working last week, but like I alluded to, I can't
    quite remember how I did it. I could be wrong, I may have been testing
    under an AMPP setup and gotten it to work there, but in either case,
    the response was simply not needed.

    Matt Garrish wrote:

    > I always enjoy the "I don't know what I'm talking about but I'll
    > pretend it was working last week" approach to questions, though. : )
    , Aug 3, 2006
  6. Matt Garrish Guest

    wrote:

    [please learn how to post]

    > Matt Garrish wrote:
    >
    > > I always enjoy the "I don't know what I'm talking about but I'll
    > > pretend it was working last week" approach to questions, though. : )

    > I appreciate everyone's responses, and yes, in retrospect, this was the
    > incorrect group to post in, but the quoted response was completely
    > inappropriate.

    If you don't like your free advice, go suck a coconut...

    Matt
    Matt Garrish, Aug 3, 2006