executing perl script without .pl extension

tweaky

Hey all, I'm doing some testing w/ a WinXP setup (don't ask) and IIS
5.1. Going to test Twiki on it, but I'm having a small issue. I'd like
to run the perl scripts without having to type in the .pl.

Example:

http://www.test.com/script (where script is a perl file at the root of
the public web directory).

I could've sworn I did this on a test environment last week (same
setup), but I can't remember how.

Any suggestions?

Paul Lalli

Hey all, I'm doing some testing w/ a WinXP setup (don't ask) and IIS
5.1. Going to test Twiki on it, but I'm having a small issue. I'd like
to run the perl scripts without having to type in the .pl.

Example:

http://www.test.com/script (where script is a perl file at the root of
the public web directory).

I could've sworn I did this on a test environment last week (same
setup), but I can't remember how.

Any suggestions?

It looks as though you have a webserver configuration issue, not a Perl
issue. That is, your question has nothing to do with the actual Perl
language. The files that you want to access by munging their filenames
just happen to contain Perl code. Therefore, you are not likely to get
the best possible assistance from a group which deals with the Perl
language itself.

I strongly suggest you post your question to a newsgroup or forum that
deals with the configuration of your webserver.

Good luck,
Paul Lalli

Matt Garrish

Paul said:
It looks as though you have a webserver configuration issue, not a Perl
issue. That is, your question has nothing to do with the actual Perl
language. The files that you want to access by munging their filenames
just happen to contain Perl code.

Filtering sounds so much nicer. Can't be done in IIS without an ISAPI
filter to my knowledge, though (but this is the wrong place to be
asking).

I always enjoy the "I don't know what I'm talking about but I'll
pretend it was working last week" approach to questions, though. : )

Matt

l v

Matt said:
Paul Lalli wrote:

Filtering sounds so much nicer. Can't be done in IIS without an ISAPI
filter to my knowledge, though (but this is the wrong place to be
asking).

I always enjoy the "I don't know what I'm talking about but I'll
pretend it was working last week" approach to questions, though. : )

Matt

The ISAPI filter can be the Perl script. But I agree, there are better
newgroups to post in order to get the best way to do it.

tweaky

I appreciate everyone's responses, and yes, in retrospect, this was the
incorrect group to post in, but the quoted response was completely
inappropriate. It was working last week, but like I alluded to, I can't
quite remember how I did it. I could be wrong, I may have been testing
under an AMPP setup and gotten it to work there, but in either case,
the response was simply not needed.

Matt Garrish

(e-mail address removed) wrote:

[please learn how to post]
I appreciate everyone's responses, and yes, in retrospect, this was the
incorrect group to post in, but the quoted response was completely
inappropriate.

If you don't like your free advice, go suck a coconut...

Matt