    need to execute this executable by specifying my input file and my
    output file, eg. ./DMDC2 input > output. Input file is a separate
    normal file and not a visual C++ file.
    Vikram, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Vikram

    Sharad Kala Guest

    "Vikram" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Using Microsft Visual Studio C++ 6.0, I have compiled my code and I
    > need to execute this executable by specifying my input file and my
    > output file, eg. ./DMDC2 input > output. Input file is a separate
    > normal file and not a visual C++ file.

    It's offtopic on this newsgroup.
    Read the welcome message - http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    <OT>Perhaps ShellExecute(Ex) is what you are looking for.</OT>
    Sharad Kala, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Vikram wrote:

    > Using Microsft Visual Studio C++ 6.0, I have compiled my code and I
    > need to execute this executable by specifying my input file and my
    > output file, eg. ./DMDC2 input > output.

    OK.
    Open up a DOS prompt, go to the directory where the exe resides and
    start it.

    To bad most people in these days no longer know how to operate
    a command line.

    --
    Karl Heinz Buchegger
    Karl Heinz Buchegger, Jul 23, 2004
  4. Vikram

    Jack D Guest

    On 2004-07-23 11:40:52 +0200, Karl Heinz Buchegger <> said:

    > Vikram wrote:
    >> Using Microsft Visual Studio C++ 6.0, I have compiled my code and I
    >> need to execute this executable by specifying my input file and my
    >> output file, eg. ./DMDC2 input > output.

    > OK.
    > Open up a DOS prompt, go to the directory where the exe resides and
    > start it.
    >
    > To bad most people in these days no longer know how to operate
    > a command line.

    <OT>If he wants to debug the code you can add command line arguments in
    the project settings</OT>

    As a hunch: microsoft.public.vstudio.general seems alive and might be
    able to help you better...
    Jack D, Jul 23, 2004
  5. Vikram

    JKop Guest

    Karl Heinz Buchegger posted:

    > To bad most people in these days no longer know how to

    operate
    > a command line.

    DOS Secrets by Dan Gooding

    That was a great companion of mine from age 7 upwards.
    ansi.sys deserves a medal.

    -JKop
    JKop, Jul 23, 2004
  6. Vikram wrote:
    > Using Microsft Visual Studio C++ 6.0, I have compiled my code and I
    > need to execute this executable by specifying my input file and my
    > output file, eg. ./DMDC2 input > output. Input file is a separate
    > normal file and not a visual C++ file.

    What is a "separate normal file" and how does it differ from:
    o A text file
    o A database file
    o A Microsoft Word file?
    o A JPEG file?
    o A MPeg file?
    o A visual C++ project file?
    I think most of these are normal files.

    Look up the system() function.

    Also, look at your operating system help file. The
    operating system may have functions to execute other
    files.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message: