Executing XML with XSL Processing Instructions

sneill

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

I'm loading an XML file which has a processing instruction
(<xsl-stylesheet href="..."/>). I need a cross-browser solution which
will load the XML file and have it's XSL PI run and translate the XML
to genereate the desired output.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

RobG

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

I'm loading an XML file which has a processing instruction
(<xsl-stylesheet href="..."/>). I need a cross-browser solution which
will load the XML file and have it's XSL PI run and translate the XML
to genereate the desired output.

Any suggestions?

Here is a useful link that includes demos for the two main models, IE
and Firefox:

<URL:http://www.ajaxpatterns.org/Browser-Side_XSLT>

It is part of an on-line wiki on 'Ajax'. Don't be put-off by the use of
the buzzword, it covers a great deal of stuff about web applications,
including DOM & DHTML as well as 'remoting' using both XMLHttpRequest
and iFrames. The wiki is not yet editable, but it should be in a few weeks:

<URL:http://www.ajaxpatterns.org/>

sneill

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I'm still not sure how to have an
XML document with embedded XSL stylesheet reference (loaded using
XMLHTTP in Javascript) get automatically parsed and rendered. Loading
the document directly into the browser works as expected.

Steve