    Thanks,
    Steve

    , Oct 20, 2005

  2. RobG Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > Can anyone point me in the right direction here?
    >
    > I'm loading an XML file which has a processing instruction
    > (<xsl-stylesheet href="..."/>). I need a cross-browser solution which
    > will load the XML file and have it's XSL PI run and translate the XML
    > to genereate the desired output.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Here is a useful link that includes demos for the two main models, IE
    and Firefox:

    <URL:http://www.ajaxpatterns.org/Browser-Side_XSLT>

    It is part of an on-line wiki on 'Ajax'. Don't be put-off by the use of
    the buzzword, it covers a great deal of stuff about web applications,
    including DOM & DHTML as well as 'remoting' using both XMLHttpRequest
    and iFrames. The wiki is not yet editable, but it should be in a few weeks:

    <URL:http://www.ajaxpatterns.org/>

    --
    Rob

    RobG, Oct 21, 2005

    Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I'm still not sure how to have an
    XML document with embedded XSL stylesheet reference (loaded using
    XMLHTTP in Javascript) get automatically parsed and rendered. Loading
    the document directly into the browser works as expected.

    Steve

    , Oct 21, 2005