Execution code run backward

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by tony, Oct 31, 2003.

  1. tony

    tony Guest

    Hi,
    I've never seen similar problem before.
    Application_AuthenticateRequest in Global.asax.vb file
    execute 4 time before it exit to the default.vb file.
    Plus, in every run, the code execution jump back to the
    previous line that already been executed (I'll explain):

    example :
    line 1 : Sub Application_AuthenticateRequest( ....)
    line 2: If (a=b) Then
    line 3: a=c
    line 4: End IF
    line 5: ...
    line 20: End Sub

    the code execution run in the following direction:
    line1 then line2 , then line1 again, then line2 again.
    line 3 then line4, then line 3 again, then line4
    again, .......
    and it keep running this way until "End Sub".

    any help would be really appreciated.
    ..
    tony, Oct 31, 2003

  2. Tony,

    Delete all of your PDB files and then rebuild and try again. The only
    thing I can think of is that your symbols are bad.

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
    Developer Support
    ASP.NET

    --------------------
    >From: "tony" <>
    >Sender: "tony" <>
    >Subject: Execution code run backward
    >Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:22:46 -0800
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security

    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security:7351

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT], Oct 31, 2003

  3. tony

    Guest Guest

    Hi Jim,
    Thank you for your immediate help.
    I delete all PDB file for the project, but that's didn't
    solve the problem, and the code still running back and
    forth in: "Sub Application_AuthenticateRequest()"
    Anything else I can try ???

    confers no rights.

    Guest, Oct 31, 2003
  4. tony