execution directory

Discussion in 'C++' started by Shyamsunder S, Feb 15, 2011.

  1. I am using visual studio c++ 2008.

    I want to add some files to the execution directory. how shall I do it?
    Shyamsunder S, Feb 15, 2011

  2. On 2/15/2011 4:56 AM, Shyamsunder S wrote:
    > I am using visual studio c++ 2008.
    >
    > I want to add some files to the execution directory. how shall I do it?

    How about using Windows Explorer and using copy-and-paste? That should
    work just nicely.

    What was your C++ language question?

    Victor Bazarov, Feb 15, 2011

  3. On Feb 15, 5:55 pm, Victor Bazarov <> wrote:
    > On 2/15/2011 4:56 AM, Shyamsunder S wrote:
    >
    > > I am using visual studio c++ 2008.

    > > I want to add some files to the execution directory. how shall I do it?

    > How about using Windows Explorer and using copy-and-paste?  That should
    > work just nicely.
    >
    > What was your C++ language question?

    I don't understand. where to copy and past the files in explorer? and
    how will pasting there will have an affect on the visual studio c++
    project?

    First where is the execution directory? Is it Additional dependencies
    in Linker->Input??
    Shyamsunder S, Feb 15, 2011
  4. Shyamsunder S

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Tue, 2011-02-15, Shyamsunder S wrote:
    > On Feb 15, 5:55 pm, Victor Bazarov <> wrote:
    >> On 2/15/2011 4:56 AM, Shyamsunder S wrote:
    >>
    >> > I am using visual studio c++ 2008.

    >> > I want to add some files to the execution directory. how shall I do it?

    >> How about using Windows Explorer and using copy-and-paste?  That should
    >> work just nicely.
    >>
    >> What was your C++ language question?

    > I don't understand. where to copy and past the files in explorer? and
    > how will pasting there will have an affect on the visual studio c++
    > project?

    I think Victor was making a joke, and also saying your question was
    offtopic (compiler-specific and not related to the C++ language).

    > First where is the execution directory? Is it Additional dependencies
    > in Linker->Input??

    I don't think we know what an "execution directory" is.

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
    \X/ snipabacken.se> O o .
    Jorgen Grahn, Feb 15, 2011
  5. Shyamsunder S

    K4 Monk Guest

    On Feb 15, 2:56 pm, Shyamsunder S <> wrote:
    > I am using visual studio c++ 2008.
    >
    > I want to add some files to the execution directory. how shall I do it?

    I think Indians should stop pursuing programming and software
    development as a career.
    K4 Monk, Feb 24, 2011
  6. Shyamsunder S

    Öö Tiib Guest

    On Feb 24, 2:15 pm, K4 Monk <> wrote:
    > On Feb 15, 2:56 pm, Shyamsunder S <> wrote:
    >
    > > I am using visual studio c++ 2008.

    > > I want to add some files to the execution directory. how shall I do it?

    > I think Indians should stop pursuing programming and software
    > development as a career.

    They are willing to learn. You are willing to whine. Who will win that
    competition?
    Öö Tiib, Feb 24, 2011
  7. On Feb 24, 10:28 pm, Öö Tiib <> wrote:
    > On Feb 24, 2:15 pm, K4 Monk <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Feb 15, 2:56 pm, Shyamsunder S <> wrote:

    > > > I am using visual studio c++ 2008.

    > > > I want to add some files to the execution directory. how shall I do it?

    > > I think Indians should stop pursuing programming and software
    > > development as a career.

    > They are willing to learn

    They are "forced" to learn. There's a difference.
    Rohit Tripathi, Feb 24, 2011
  8. Shyamsunder S

    Öö Tiib Guest

    On Feb 24, 10:09 pm, Rohit Tripathi <>
    wrote:
    > On Feb 24, 10:28 pm, Öö Tiib <> wrote:

    > > > I think Indians should stop pursuing programming and software
    > > > development as a career.

    > > They are willing to learn

    > They are "forced" to learn. There's a difference.

    My impression is that your people are often being too nice. They do
    not refuse even when they see that they can not possibly achieve what
    was required. They hope that perhaps they get lucky and figure it out.
    That is the main problem behind failures that i have observed.
    Öö Tiib, Feb 25, 2011