execution of perl program

Discussion in 'Perl' started by varala_kanth, Jun 26, 2004.

  1. varala_kanth

    varala_kanth Guest

    hello friends,

    iam new bie i run the perl program

    with in command mode

    with this following command

    perl <filename>.pl

    but what i need is like the c or c++

    file where the output file can be executed directly not with help o
    any command.

    so guide me

    with regards
    rama kant
    -
    varala_kant

    varala_kanth, Jun 26, 2004

  2. varala_kanth wrote:
    > iam new bie i run the perl program
    > with in command mode
    > with this following command
    >
    > perl <filename>.pl
    >
    > but what i need is like the c or c++
    > file where the output file can be executed directly not with help of
    > any command.

    Unfortunately your problem description is ambiguous.

    Do you want to run your Perl program without having to type "perl" at the
    beginning of the command line?
    That's simple. However how to do it (shebang line, file association, ...)
    depends on your OS resp. the command shell you are using.

    Or do you want to compile your Perl program and run it without help of the
    interpreter?
    In that case please see the FAQ "perldoc -q compile":
    "How can I compile my Perl program into byte code or C?"

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Jun 26, 2004