execution of perl program

varala_kanth

hello friends,

iam new bie i run the perl program

with in command mode

with this following command

perl <filename>.pl

but what i need is like the c or c++

file where the output file can be executed directly not with help o
any command.

so guide me

with regards
rama kant
-
varala_kant

Jürgen Exner

varala_kanth said:
iam new bie i run the perl program
with in command mode
with this following command

perl <filename>.pl

but what i need is like the c or c++
file where the output file can be executed directly not with help of
any command.

Unfortunately your problem description is ambiguous.

Do you want to run your Perl program without having to type "perl" at the
beginning of the command line?
That's simple. However how to do it (shebang line, file association, ...)
depends on your OS resp. the command shell you are using.

Or do you want to compile your Perl program and run it without help of the
interpreter?
In that case please see the FAQ "perldoc -q compile":
"How can I compile my Perl program into byte code or C?"

jue