Execution stops once exception is encountered

Vishwanath Uppala

Hi all,

I am using ruby and watir to test my web application.
I wanna run watir script 24 x 7 without stopping.
The problem is that the ruby stops execution each time
it encounters an exception for e.g if it fails to locate
a frame on a web page it gives out exception and stops executing.

Is there any way by which i can continue execution of the script
even after encountering exceptions.

Thanking you in advance

Regards
vishwanath

Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido

2007/10/12 said:
Hi all,

I am using ruby and watir to test my web application.
I wanna run watir script 24 x 7 without stopping.
The problem is that the ruby stops execution each time
it encounters an exception for e.g if it fails to locate
a frame on a web page it gives out exception and stops executing.

Is there any way by which i can continue execution of the script
even after encountering exceptions.

Thanking you in advance

Regards
vishwanath

Sure, you can literally rescue the offending code. Take a look at this example:

$ cat test.rb
2.downto(-2) {|i|
begin
puts "10/#{i} == #{10/i}"