    Exerb? I've tried with some simple scripts and it seems to work ok.

    --
    dave
    David Garamond, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Hello,

    On Sunday 01 of February 2004 12:39, David Garamond wrote:
    > Is it safe to use executable packer (like UPX) to the .exe generated by
    > Exerb? I've tried with some simple scripts and it seems to work ok.

    are you getting noticable improvement, even if you asked EXERB to compress the
    binary?

    emmanuel
    Emmanuel Touzery, Feb 1, 2004

  3. il Sun, 1 Feb 2004 20:39:19 +0900, David Garamond
    <lists@zara.6.isreserved.com> ha scritto::

    >Is it safe to use executable packer (like UPX) to the .exe generated by
    >Exerb? I've tried with some simple scripts and it seems to work ok.

    what about isng lzma compression in exerb? the latest nsis installer
    does it, and the 7zip compressor does it too. It seem it should get
    20% less than bzip2
    gabriele renzi, Feb 1, 2004
  4. Emmanuel Touzery wrote:
    > On Sunday 01 of February 2004 12:39, David Garamond wrote:
    >
    >>Is it safe to use executable packer (like UPX) to the .exe generated by
    >>Exerb? I've tried with some simple scripts and it seems to work ok.

    > are you getting noticable improvement, even if you asked EXERB to compress the
    > binary?

    Thanks, I didn't know that exerb can produced compressed binary. I've
    just read recipe.en.rd. However, exerb doesn't seem to recognize the
    compress directive or the --compress option. This is exerb 3.2.0.

    --
    dave
    David Garamond, Feb 3, 2004
  5. gabriele renzi wrote:
    >>Is it safe to use executable packer (like UPX) to the .exe generated by
    >>Exerb? I've tried with some simple scripts and it seems to work ok.

    > what about isng lzma compression in exerb? the latest nsis installer
    > does it, and the 7zip compressor does it too. It seem it should get
    > 20% less than bzip2

    I also just found out about 7zip. Very cool, Thanks! (Hopefully it will
    be available in other platforms beside Windows soon).

    --
    dave
    David Garamond, Feb 3, 2004
  6. Hi,

    David Garamond <lists@zara.6.isreserved.com> wrote:
    > Thanks, I didn't know that exerb can produced compressed binary. I've
    > just read recipe.en.rd. However, exerb doesn't seem to recognize the
    > compress directive or the --compress option. This is exerb 3.2.0.

    I believe that exerb no longer supports compression option since 3.0.0,
    though it used to be supported by previous versions.

    Takashi Sano
    Takashi & Kayoko Sano, Feb 3, 2004
  7. Takashi & Kayoko Sano wrote:

    >I believe that exerb no longer supports compression option since 3.0.0,
    >though it used to be supported by previous versions.

    wow, then definitely using an external compression tool will be
    needed... compression makes a *huge* difference on fxruby apps (eg 5Mb
    -> 1.8Mb for small apps where most of the code is FOX and FXRuby).

    emmanuel
    Emmanuel Touzery, Feb 3, 2004
  8. David Garamond

    Jim Moy Guest

    Emmanuel Touzery wrote:
    > Takashi & Kayoko Sano wrote:
    > wow, then definitely using an external compression tool will be
    > needed... compression makes a *huge* difference on fxruby apps (eg 5Mb
    > -> 1.8Mb for small apps where most of the code is FOX and FXRuby).

    Has anyone re-built FXRuby to omit classes they don't use? Is this
    process easy or involved?
    Jim Moy, Feb 4, 2004