Exercise

drago.osrecki

Hi programmers! I am pretty new to programming in c++. Can someone tell
where i can find
some exercise on net! I have good books but I dont have practise what
is the most important!
And can you tell what is the best way to learn a good programming?

Please tell me!
Thank you!

drago.osrecki

Thanks, but I read it before! I need something I can exercise on!! PDFs
or something!

Default User

Thanks, but I read it before! I need something I can exercise on!!
PDFs or something!

newsgroup, or the group FAQ list:
<http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html>

The best way to hone your skills is to find a project, design and code
it. There are a million potentials projects, make it something that
interests you.

Brian

Jim Langston

Hi programmers! I am pretty new to programming in c++. Can someone tell
where i can find
some exercise on net! I have good books but I dont have practise what
is the most important!
And can you tell what is the best way to learn a good programming?

Please tell me!
Thank you!

Well, when I first started coding, I reinvented the wheel quite a bit. For
example, MS-DOS had a find program that would find a file on the disk and I
wondered how they did it. So I did some research on directory calls, and
wrote a program that did what find did. Then I ran mine compared to the one
that came with MS-DOS and they ran in exactly the same speed.

A lot of what I did when I was new to programming was just try to figure out
how to do things. How does random file access work? So I wrote a little
program that allowed me to enter tape names and data and store them to a
file and retrieve them. Never used the program after I finished it, but I
learned a lot. Just about anything you can think of can be an exercise.
Some is OS specific (how much disk space do you have left? How much memory
is currently free?) some is generic (file IO is for the most part generic).

Think of a program you can't write, and write it.

VJ

Jim said:
Some is OS specific (how much disk space do you have left? How much memory
is currently free?) some is generic (file IO is for the most part generic).

Are there ways to check free memory space and free disk space?

Marcus Kwok

VJ said:
Are there ways to check free memory space and free disk space?

Probably, but not in Standard C++. As Jim Langston said, it will be OS
specific.