Exist JAVA for ARM microprocessors?

Chris Smith

Martinez said:
As in Title

It helps if you put your question in the body.

There is, to the best of my knowledge, no publicly available free
implementation of a Java virtual machine for the ARM processor. There
are almost certainly implementations of J2ME on ARM targeted at cellular
phones that have ARM processors in them, but those virtual machines tend
to be proprietary technology; unlike the Sun reference implementation,
you won't typically be able to download them from the internet and see
source code. They are often integrated into the ROM of the phone, and
rely heavily on the hardware architecture above and beyond just the ARM
core.

Is there a specific ARM-based device that you are looking with respect
to?

Chris Smith

Chris Smith said:
There is, to the best of my knowledge, no publicly available free
implementation of a Java virtual machine for the ARM processor.

On second though, I am wrong.

gcj can compile Java for the ARM processor
Kaffe has been ported to the ARM
SableVM claims to be ported to ARM

There may be others. I'm not sure if they are JITed or just
interpreted, but that's a start anyway.