    Help please.
    Thanks
    John

    Johny, Feb 13, 2005

  2. Johny wrote:

    > Hi I am after an exit popup that only appears when somebody leaves my
    > site and not when they leave every page.

    How very irritating that would be.

    It isn't possible. You would have to know what page the visitor was going
    to, and you have no way of knowing that.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Feb 13, 2005

  3. Johny

    Randell D. Guest

    Johny wrote:

    > Hi I am after an exit popup that only appears when somebody leaves my site
    > and not when they leave every page.
    >
    > and I'd like it that they don't get it every time they leave the site if
    > they revisit in one day, is this something to do with cookies.
    >
    > Help please.
    > Thanks
    > John

    This would annoy the pants of me and I would be unlikely to visit your
    website... You must remember that serveral web browsers have started to
    include popup stoppers so your attempts with javascript are likely to
    fail...

    In addition - I do not believe there is a method to keep track if
    someone was to close/exit their browser, or go to another website, or
    just go to another page on your website...

    However... please let me know the website you're working on so that I
    can avoid it...

    thanks
    randelld

    Randell D., Feb 14, 2005
  4. Johny

    Matthew Lock Guest

    Forget about popups, they are a thing of the past. Most browsers block
    them now by default.

    Matthew Lock, Feb 14, 2005