Exiting a browser, locating files

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Anne, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. Anne

    Anne Guest

    hie there, i have a couple of questions that i need help
    on. the first is regarding the closing of a browser.i have
    an exit button which on click i would like it to totally
    close the browser, and not only closing the form
    itself.how can i write the coding for it? Me.Close()
    doesn't work in this case as it only closes the current
    application.

    my second question is relating to locating files from my
    hard drive (eg C:\) and display it to the users. i dunno
    if my explanation gonna make sense, but i'll try to
    explain it. u knoe how when u click an 'open' button in
    any application(eg ms word) and then a menu opens up and
    you can choose whichever files you want, and then click
    the open button to view the files? i want my application
    to have that type of menu, where my users will be able to
    see exactly that menu when they click on an OPEN FILE link
    button. i want users to be able to view all the files in
    the folder and select the files they want to view. hope
    that explains what i wanted. anybody can help me out on
    this? where can i get more information on this?

    thanx alot!

    Anne, Jul 29, 2003