Exiting ri on a mac terminal

Ruby Fan

Hi,
I've been avoiding using ri for my docs because when I type it I can't
seem to exit out of it without closing terminal.

I've tried all the usual suspects like ctrl-c, ctrl-d, esc. Any ideas
on what I might be doing wrong?

Rob Biedenharn

Hi,
I've been avoiding using ri for my docs because when I type it I can't
seem to exit out of it without closing terminal.

I've tried all the usual suspects like ctrl-c, ctrl-d, esc. Any ideas
on what I might be doing wrong?

q?

If you have a ':' prompt, you're in less (or your configured PAGER
program).

-Rob

(e-mail address removed)

matt neuburg

Ruby Fan said:
That was it. Thanks!

Try putting this line in your .bash_profile:

alias ri='ri -f ansi -T'

Much nicer behavior and display in Terminal. m.

Ruby Fan

Try putting this line in your .bash_profile:
alias ri='ri -f ansi -T'

Much nicer behavior and display in Terminal. m.

I just put it in my .profile but didn't notice any difference.