Expand TreeView programmatically (ASP.NET 2.0)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Karim El Jed, Oct 6, 2005.

  1. Karim El Jed

    Karim El Jed Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to expand a special Node of my TreeView from Codebehind.
    I have a TreeView on a page for navigating to another site. On the other
    tsite here is the same TreeView more precisely a new TreeView with the same
    nodes ;)
    So I would like to keep the expanding state of the first Tree for the second
    one on the next page. At least the last selected node (path will be saved in
    query string) should be expanded.

    Remarks: The TreeView is rendered in an IFrame to enable scrolling. Maybe
    there might be another solution. Let me know if someone knows ;)

    Here is what I tried:

    if (!IsPostBack)
    {
    //Populate the Tree
    TreeView1.Nodes.Add(TopicFactory.PopulateTopicTreeNodes());
    TreeView1.Target = "_parent";

    if (Request.QueryString["path"] != null)
    {
    //path for the node is in the query string
    string path = Request.QueryString["path"];
    TreeNode selected = TreeView1.FindNode(path);

    if (selected != null)
    {
    //expand the node belonging to the given path
    selected.Expand();

    Finding the node is no problem. But it seems the method Expand() has no
    effect :(

    I hope someone can help.

    Greetings

    Karim