    'display block' in the links *and* in the list items.

    Anyone a suggestion?
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Nico Schuyt

    picayunish Guest

    Nico Schuyt wrote:
    > I have to make an expandable menu for the site www.cartal.nl.
    > On http://www.cartal.nl/test_menu_sub.php there are two alternatives:
    > a. A PHP-solution (style sheet switch) on the link "Assortiment" (my
    > personal preference)
    > b. Sub menu on top of some pages
    >
    > However I'm still searching for a simple js-dropdown menu with fall back in
    > case js is disabled.
    > On http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/cartal_test.htm a first draft. Based on
    > http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns (Thanks again to Chris Harris!)

    Why not keeping navigation current with php?
    http://www.alistapart.com/articles/keepingcurrent/
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    picayunish, Jan 10, 2004

  3. Nico Schuyt

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    picayunish wrote:
    > Nico Schuyt wrote:
    >> I have to make an expandable menu for the site www.cartal.nl.
    >> On http://www.cartal.nl/test_menu_sub.php there are two alternatives:
    >> a. A PHP-solution (style sheet switch) on the link "Assortiment" (my
    >> personal preference)
    >> b. Sub menu on top of some pages
    >> However I'm still searching for a simple js-dropdown menu with fall
    >> back in case js is disabled.
    >> On http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/cartal_test.htm a first draft.
    >> Based on http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns (Thanks again
    >> to Chris Harris!)

    > Why not keeping navigation current with php?
    > http://www.alistapart.com/articles/keepingcurrent/

    Ehhh, maybe I didn't read it carefully, but it seems to be a method to make
    the menu specific for the current page.
    I don't see the relation with the requested expansion of the menu on hover
    :-(
    BTW I applied solution A. to www.cartal.nl but intend to find a more user
    friendly solution in the near future.
    Cheers, Nico