Expandable Section

Kristen

I am using ASP.net 2.0 and I am trying to create a page that has a
section that can be expanded and hidden. The section contains quite a
bit of information that the user may or may not need to see hence the
need for a section that can be hidden.

I was looking at the functionality on the CNN website where they have
pluses that you click on to see certain information and a negative to
hide the information. I also saw that type of functionality on the My
MSN website. It appears to be just a treeview of some sort. I was
thinking about just having a user control that I make visible and
nonvisible. Can anyone make a suggestion about how to do this? Thanks

Alessandro Zifiglio

hi Kristen, the CollapsiblePanel control seems like what you are after.
Unfortunately its a new control included with the atlas toolkit.
http://atlas.asp.net/atlastoolkit/PanelExtenders/CollapsiblePanel.aspx

If using atlas is out of the question for you, then making one with full
postback or to collapse and expand on the click of a button with minimum js
code is not so trival. In addition you can also try and take a look at
webparts which have this type of functionality even though they are not just
plain collapsible panels but rather a content managment framework which
might turn out to be overkill for what you are trying to achieve.

Regards,
Alessandro Zifiglio
http://www.AsyncUI.net