Expanding Viewstate

Guest

Hi everyone
How can I expand the size of an aspx page's viewstate or all pages' viewstate?

thanks in advanced

Guest

I would expect that the size of the viewstate is being limited by the maximum
size of an individual request. I believe the default max is something around
4MB. The config item that changes this value is maxRequestLength in the
httpRuntime tag. For example,

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="15360" />

sets the maximum request size to 15360 KB. This tag can be set either at a
web.config or machine.config level.

Hope that helps.

Bruce Johnson [.NET MVP]
http://www.objectsharp.com/blogs/bruce

Guest

Dear Bruce,
Thanks a lot for answer

Let me say about my problem.
I have a web UserControl that contains a DataRepeater and some Linkbuttons.
I use this control for simulating paging mechanism for another repeater in
an aspx page.
Let's call the first repeater Paging Repeater and the second one General
Repeater.

In previous version of my application it was working fine.

But in new version, the paging repeater dose not fire the ItemCommand's
event handler. But the Linkbuttons beside it, fire their click' eventhandler.

Meanwhile, when I sort the general repeater, the viewstate lose some data
related to paging repeater.

That's why that I thought it's because of viewstate. Because I add too many
controls to the page in new version.

I can't attach file...
Let me know if you need this part of my code..

Thanks a lot
Amir