expat

Katja Suess

Hi,
may I have a hint what the problem is in my situation?
Is it a syntax error in sweetone.odt or in xml.parsers.expat?
Same problem with different file instead of sweetone.odt means that it's not the file that has a syntax error.
xml.parsers.expat is a standard module that probably has no errors.
So what could cause this error message??

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mytest.py", line 5, in ?
r = c.convert(s, 'HTML','sweetone.odt').decode('base64')
File "/Users/katjasuess/links/soffice/python-core/lib/xmlrpclib.py", line 1029, in __call__
return self.__send(self.__name, args)
File "/Users/katjasuess/links/soffice/python-core/lib/xmlrpclib.py", line 1316, in __request
verbose=self.__verbose
File "/Users/katjasuess/links/soffice/python-core/lib/xmlrpclib.py", line 1080, in request
return self._parse_response(h.getfile(), sock)
File "/Users/katjasuess/links/soffice/python-core/lib/xmlrpclib.py", line 1214, in _parse_response
p.feed(response)
File "/Users/katjasuess/links/soffice/python-core/lib/xmlrpclib.py", line 528, in feed
self._parser.Parse(data, 0)
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: syntax error: line 1, column 0

Regards, Katja

Jarek Zgoda

Katja Suess napisa³(a):
may I have a hint what the problem is in my situation?
Is it a syntax error in sweetone.odt or in xml.parsers.expat?
Same problem with different file instead of sweetone.odt means that it's
not the file that has a syntax error.
xml.parsers.expat is a standard module that probably has no errors.
So what could cause this error message??

Malformed XML document, perhaps. This may be anything, that expat
doesn't like (i.e. wrong encoding, cp1252 declared as latin-1, document
declared as utf-8 but with BOM, and so on).