expat

Discussion in 'Python' started by Katja Suess, Feb 27, 2006.

  1. Katja Suess

    Katja Suess Guest

    Hi,
    may I have a hint what the problem is in my situation?
    Is it a syntax error in sweetone.odt or in xml.parsers.expat?
    Same problem with different file instead of sweetone.odt means that it's not the file that has a syntax error.
    xml.parsers.expat is a standard module that probably has no errors.
    So what could cause this error message??

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "mytest.py", line 5, in ?
    r = c.convert(s, 'HTML','sweetone.odt').decode('base64')
    File "/Users/katjasuess/links/soffice/python-core/lib/xmlrpclib.py", line 1029, in __call__
    return self.__send(self.__name, args)
    File "/Users/katjasuess/links/soffice/python-core/lib/xmlrpclib.py", line 1316, in __request
    verbose=self.__verbose
    File "/Users/katjasuess/links/soffice/python-core/lib/xmlrpclib.py", line 1080, in request
    return self._parse_response(h.getfile(), sock)
    File "/Users/katjasuess/links/soffice/python-core/lib/xmlrpclib.py", line 1214, in _parse_response
    p.feed(response)
    File "/Users/katjasuess/links/soffice/python-core/lib/xmlrpclib.py", line 528, in feed
    self._parser.Parse(data, 0)
    xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: syntax error: line 1, column 0

    Regards, Katja

    Katja Suess, Feb 27, 2006

  2. Katja Suess

    Jarek Zgoda Guest

    Katja Suess napisa³(a):

    > may I have a hint what the problem is in my situation?
    > Is it a syntax error in sweetone.odt or in xml.parsers.expat?
    > Same problem with different file instead of sweetone.odt means that it's
    > not the file that has a syntax error.
    > xml.parsers.expat is a standard module that probably has no errors.
    > So what could cause this error message??

    Malformed XML document, perhaps. This may be anything, that expat
    doesn't like (i.e. wrong encoding, cp1252 declared as latin-1, document
    declared as utf-8 but with BOM, and so on).

    --
    Jarek Zgoda
    http://jpa.berlios.de/

    Jarek Zgoda, Feb 27, 2006