experience with emacs and python-mode

Leo

hi all

i'm new to python and new to the group and i want to develop python with
emacs :) i try to use python-mode.el version 4.6.

does somebody else uses this? or what is your recommendation for editing
python code in emacs?

btw: i have a little customisation problem with python mode:

after running a script with py-execute-import-or-reload the cursor is in the
output window but i want to have it back in the source code. is there a
option i can tweak?

thanks for all answers,

leooo

Thomas =?ISO-8859-15?Q?G=FCttler?=

Leo said:
hi all

i'm new to python and new to the group and i want to develop python with
emacs :) i try to use python-mode.el version 4.6.

does somebody else uses this? or what is your recommendation for editing
python code in emacs?

My recommendation is, to only edit code in emacs. I execute
it in an xterm. C-c C-g is mapped to goto-line. I prefere to
jump to the position of an error in the code myself.

Syver Enstad

Leo said:
hi all

i'm new to python and new to the group and i want to develop python with
emacs :) i try to use python-mode.el version 4.6.
does somebody else uses this?

Yes, been using it for years now. Very nice, but has its quirks, the
most annoying being perhaps that triple quoted strings are not
supported. Well in trivial cases it looks like they are supported
because "" is treated as one string and then the final " is the
beginning of a new string and then " is the end and then "" is an
empty string again.

Thomas Heller

Syver Enstad said:
Yes, been using it for years now. Very nice, but has its quirks, the
most annoying being perhaps that triple quoted strings are not
supported. Well in trivial cases it looks like they are supported
because "" is treated as one string and then the final " is the
beginning of a new string and then " is the end and then "" is an
empty string again.

Although it is possible to work around this limitation.
It may be worthwile to use a newer version.

Thomas