experience with redhat9 + python2.3 rpms?

Matthew Wilson

Hi -

I just added a shiny Dell server running Red Hat 9 to my office
intranet. I noticed that it has python2.2 installed, not 2.3. I
found rpms for python2.3 on the python.org site, and the page mentions
that the rpms are meant to peacefully coexists with the redhat python2.2
rpms.

Has anyone installed these 2.3 rpms while keeping the old 2.2 rpms and
has anyone had any problems with these?

Thanks for the help.

Terje Rosten

* Matthew Wilson

| Has anyone installed these 2.3 rpms while keeping the old 2.2 rpms and
| has anyone had any problems with these?

The python2.3 rpm from python.org installs in /usr/lib/python2.3 and
as /usr/bin/python2.3 and /usr/bin/pydoc2.3. It does not affect the
default python rpm at all.

- Terje