    the name and making copies and storing them in another folder to fool it,
    but no dice. Any advice?. The movie file is on www.seelenexa.com Thanks for
    your attention, Dick Ross
    ross, May 25, 2006

  2. ross

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    ross wrote:
    > I am posting WMV files on web sites. I find that I can only use the file
    > once in a site. When I try to use the file in another place.the .wmv will
    > not function. Good fortune when using the file on Internet except when
    > trying to duplicate it in another place in the same web site. Tried changing
    > the name and making copies and storing them in another folder to fool it,
    > but no dice. Any advice?. The movie file is on www.seelenexa.com Thanks for
    > your attention, Dick Ross

    The url is only to a frame set page, but I was able to find
    http://00673d3.netsolhost.com/seelenexa/index.htm and view the source
    code that gives the link to the wmv. The page is working in quirks
    mode. It is html 4.01 transitional and has 29 validation errors when
    you take it to the W3C validator. Thus the first step is to clean up
    the page to get it to validate. After that, perhaps it will be more
    easy to find out what is going on. Using a frame page might or might
    not have something to do with it. The wmv is being referenced only with
    an old fashioned embed code that has never been part of official html.
    The modern trend is to use an ActiveX object for the WMP with an embed
    path within it for those browsers that do not support ActiveX. This
    works usually, but the embed within the object is still illegal html.
    It is quite possible to use only objects without illegal embeds to get
    a wmp to play on most modern browsers.
    cwdjrxyz, May 25, 2006

  3. ross

    Spartanicus Guest

    "ross" <> wrote:

    >Re: Experience with Windows Movie Maker?

    Use it if you must to create the video, but don't use it to produce the
    HTML code.

    >I am posting WMV files on web sites. I find that I can only use the file
    >once in a site. When I try to use the file in another place.the .wmv will
    >not function. Good fortune when using the file on Internet except when
    >trying to duplicate it in another place in the same web site. Tried changing
    >the name and making copies and storing them in another folder to fool it,
    >but no dice. Any advice?. The movie file is on www.seelenexa.com

    No it isn't, it's on http://00673d3.netsolhost.com/seelenexa/index.htm

    Configure your web server to send the correct mime type:

    GET /seelenexa/media/bestbbqforweb.wmv HTTP/1.1

    Ditch the embedding, link instead:
    http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm#audiovideo

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, May 25, 2006
  4. ross

    ross Guest

    Why would the code work for one page and not the other?

    ross, May 26, 2006
  5. ross

    Spartanicus Guest

    Please do not top post.

    "ross" <> wrote:

    >Why would the code work for one page and not the other?

    Contrary to hyped praises sung about alt.html'ers, we are not
    clairvoyant. Post an URL of one that "doesn't work" plus one that does
    and mention what browser you observed this with and we might be able to
    help.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, May 26, 2006
  6. ross

    ross Guest

    I am not sure what top post means... I apologize if I made a error in
    protocol.

    I will try to ask for help the way you have instructed. thank you, Dick Ross

    ross, May 26, 2006
  7. ross

    Spartanicus Guest

    Spartanicus, May 26, 2006
  8. ross

    ross Guest

    I hope I figure this out because I could sure use your help.

    ross, May 26, 2006
  9. ross

    Ed Mullen Guest

    ross wrote:
    > "Spartanicus" <> wrote in message
    >> "ross" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am not sure what top post means...

    >> http://www.google.com/search?q=usenet top post
    >>
    >> --
    >> Spartanicus

    > I hope I figure this out because I could sure use your help.

    It means put your reply UNDER the previously quoted message text. Like
    just did (and also re-ordered your quoted reply). TOP POST = putting
    your reply at the top of the message. BOTTOM POST = putting your reply
    AFTER the quoted message text. Kay?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, May 26, 2006
  10. ross wrote:
    > I hope I figure this out because I could sure use your help.
    >

    > "Spartanicus" <> wrote in message
    >> "ross" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am not sure what top post means...

    >> http://www.google.com/search?q=usenet top post

    top post, lets see, try braking it down. You do know what 'top' means
    right? As opposed to 'bottom'? And 'post' as in mail or message? Hint,
    when you 'post' don't do it at the 'top' above the quoted material, but
    *below*

    Or better yet, 'snip' or remove the bits of the quoted material that you
    will not be replying to and then intersperse your remarks below each bit
    of quoted material. Then there is a clear direct association of your
    remarks to the quoted material.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, May 26, 2006
  11. ross

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    Spartanicus wrote:
    > "ross" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Re: Experience with Windows Movie Maker?

    > Use it if you must to create the video, but don't use it to produce the
    > HTML code.

    For creating a .wmv video file for the web, I suggest you consider the
    free Windows Media Encoder described at
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...02-E496-465A-BBA9-B2F1182CDF24&displaylang=en
    .. In a typical case, you might capture some video from whatever source
    you have with a video capture card or external capture device. It is
    most usual to capture as a high resolution .mpg video file. There are
    many programs that can be used to edit .mpg movie files, if need be.
    Then you use the Windows Media Encoder to convert the .mpg video file
    to a .wmv file suited for the web. If you are wishing to stream
    (progressive download) the video, the encoder allows you to select bit
    rates best suited for dialup, low end broadband or high end broadband.
    Or you can make 3 .wmv files for different bit rates and allow the user
    to select the best one for the type of isp they have.

    The Windows Media Encoder can be used for many other things, and you
    can even use it to run your own streaming radio or video web station.
    However, that use is for those who have much money to spend, because
    the high speed connection from your computer to a streaming media
    server and rental of the server is very expensive indeed.
    cwdjrxyz, May 26, 2006