Experienced UI programmers: help me decide (please ;)

Wildemar Wildenburger

Ok, so i've whipped up this GUI with wxPython but I realize that it
might hinder the sort of thing I wantto do. What do I want to do?

Basically its a note taking app that should present little boxes of text
to the user. Also the boxes can be interconnected which is signified by
arrows between the boxes. Yes, a little like cmaptools
(http://cmap.ihmc.us/).

So wxPython makes it easy to use the usual widgets (esp. textviews and
treeviews) which I need, but its rather hard on the graphical side (for
example: I also like the idea of continous zooming *shudder*).

I've found that maybe pygame could give me the "java swing" like
expressivenes I want; however I'm unshure whether it supports easy text
editing facilities (I'll be needing syntax highlighting featues soon)
and the above mentioned general widgets?

There seem to be several packages providing this for pygame; whcih do
you recommend and why (and which not and why).

Also, feel free to suggest other toolkits with respect to the above.

thx
wildemar